+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grant Mccann

Grant Mccann

This might not be what folk want to hear but I dont think its a car crash of an appointment - lets be fair we arent going to get someone who is set in their ways with their own black book of contacts.

He seemed to do a decent job at Peterborough and be it him or someone else deemed 'underwhelming' (This is off other messageboards) lets just get behind them and see what they can do.

We have a better, more settled squad than we had last time we came down so there's no reason why we arent a good platform for someone up and coming to get their message across.

The jury at the time JM was appointed was out but I felt that not many seemed to get fully behind him, yet we gave PH all the time in the world and best backing any manager couldve wished for even though alot of what was served up in the last 12 months of his tenure was gash. His record at Leeds with a better squad of players wasnt dissimilar to JM record here.

I think PH got the fans backing in his first twelve months because he won a Cup Final at Wembley and a few weeks later won promotion there. This was followed by taking the team to within a point of the Play Off zone before his best player and his leading scorer were sold.
    Morais on the other hand took us down from a position outside the bottom three to relegation finishing with six away defeats on the trot with poor displays in each.

He did end the season 5 unbeaten at home though SBRed

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I think PH got the fans backing in his first twelve months because he won a Cup Final at Wembley and a few weeks later won promotion there. This was followed by taking the team to within a point of the Play Off zone before his best player and his leading scorer were sold.
    Morais on the other hand took us down from a position outside the bottom three to relegation finishing with six away defeats on the trot with poor displays in each.
    Thats fair enough but the first part of what you mentioned all happened in the space of 9/10 months , the last part was no different to PH before he left, the first half against Fulham aside - it was awful to watch, boring, negative dross. I honestly didnt think the last 4 or so home games under JM werent that bad and at least we had a go. Away wise the system left us wide open with little or no cover at full back because Andy ' I cant be bothered tracking back because I've 80 league appearances at Barnet so now I'm Paolo Maldini' Yiadom didnt appear to be arsed

Theres alot of stats bandied about around Keith Hill's win rate - look at the last 12 months of PH (around 27-28%) and he spent abut £7m in the last 5 / 6 months. Hill had nowt and fed off scraps

Managerial record P105 W42 D28 L35 according to Wiki. Win ratio 40%
    Sacked by Peterborough after no wins in 7 games.
    Sounds like he's just the manager for us. Shopping in bargain basement again.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Lol and every good manager has a perfect record. Alex Ferguson once went 8 games without a win does that make him a bad manager?

Lee Johnson once lost eight league games on the trot and was defeated during that spell in the FA Cup at Altrincham.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodie_BFC View Post
    Lol and every good manager has a perfect record. Alex Ferguson once went 8 games without a win does that make him a bad manager?
    Peterborough obviously thought so.

Only name that's been mentioned that's way above them all is Grayson

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    No wins in 7 is true but there was only 2 defeats in his last 12.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast