+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained List Now On O/S

Retained List Now On O/S

11 gone

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    11 gone
    https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...ned-list-2018/

Some decent culling there. You suspect there would be more if some weren't already on contracts. I see we've got rid of the player coaches who were costing us money, maybe Stead will take up that role now.

Only 14 left (if those offered new contracts all sign). Less than I’d thought. KN has some serious recruiting to do. Should be an interesting summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    Only 14 left (if those offered new contracts all sign). Less than I’d thought. KN has some serious recruiting to do. Should be an interesting summer.
    This will be the making or breaking of Nolan as a manger.

If Notts do well next season after a decent summer of recruitment then I expect bigger clubs will start seriously looking at Nolan. If not then.........

Holy cow, that's a purge!

Surprised they let Alan Smith go, and Mike Edwards. Guess the thinking is to free up as much cash as possible for a better first XI.

Hardy's been unconvincing in the transfer market thus far. This clearout puts a lot of pressure on him to do better, and quickly.

Forte gone but Duffers offered new connie? Not sure about that one. Adam Collin gone, the way Nolo insisted on playing him, I'm surprised.

Smith was on £200 a week so he isn't freeing up much cash, odd one, I presume he's got something else lined up and I'd imagine Nolan wants to bring in his own people in the case of Mike Edwards but sad to see him leave the club all the same.

Adam Collin is the only surprise to me on the released list. It looks like Jonathan Forte's late burst of effort wasn't enough to convince the manager to keep him. It leaves a few gaps to plug, and an interesting close season to look forward to.

Eddie was on next to nothing too, so am surprised at that departure.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast