+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Social Media

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Been wrong before (aye) but when I first joined United Mad I really don't remember the number of different players getting the amount of abuse they get on here. CCFS springs to mind maybe but I don't remember too many getting the kind of criticism they seem to get now.
    Maybe we had better players but I don't think it's just that tbh.
    When young players especially go onto sites like this and read that stuff it's not going to strengthen the bond between players and the fans on the terraces.
    But people have a right to slag off players on sites like this, sure they do so i suppose its here to stay.
    It happened but I guess with the situation we are in its got people angrier and more vitriolic but it definitely happened a lot. When I first started using utd forums it was the likes of Samuel, McCracken, Kerr, McInnes that were getting it it there were only one or two who went overboard. Now it's commonplace and if you don't join in youre a snowflake sjw ****in.....or something

The criticism of individuals/youngsters such as Robson seems to cross from professional to personal.

Robson was honking towards the end of last season, but at 20 is probably worth persevering with.

I see there is a torrent of seethe coming from the Dunfy fans re. Clark.

Judas, C*nt, Rot in Hell are among the nicer comments that the inbreds have come up with....

Have I missed something?? Cant recall any real reason for the bile towards Utd?

Theres a gazillion comments from "Im no obsessed with Utd but I follow and creep their twitter by the minute" Zombies which is expected....but some of the 6 finger mob are getting a wee bit excited

Quote Originally Posted by jerrennixon View Post
    I see there is a torrent of seethe coming from the Dunfy fans re. Clark.

Judas, C*nt, Rot in Hell are among the nicer comments that the inbreds have come up with....

Have I missed something?? Cant recall any real reason for the bile towards Utd?

Theres a gazillion comments from "Im no obsessed with Utd but I follow and creep their twitter by the minute" Zombies which is expected....but some of the 6 finger mob are getting a wee bit excited

You make 2 inbred comments in the same post and yet complain that they are abusive?

Quote Originally Posted by arab_pat View Post
    You make 2 inbred comments in the same post and yet complain that they are abusive?
    Touch a nerve there Pat??

Im on a Utd forum jokingly referring to Fifers as sister shagg3ers. No on twitter, openly berating a player on a personal level for signing for another club.

Cheers for the input though 👍

Quote Originally Posted by jerrennixon View Post
    Touch a nerve there Pat??

Im on a Utd forum jokingly referring to Fifers as sister shagg3ers. No on twitter, openly berating a player on a personal level for signing for another club.

Cheers for the input though 👍
    Personally I believe people are more inclined to be foul when their identity is hidden on a forum like this. My point is we can’t slate people for venting their opinions when we do the exact same on here. It’s just hypocritical

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)