+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T the F1Thread

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    be in flavour of less Aero reliance, the trouble is this is f1, the pinnacle of motorsport engineering, you can't start dumbing down the tech just to aid overtaking, the cars are meant to be aerodynamic works of art, it just doesn't suit the car behind that's all
    The trouble with Aero is the bubbles, especially in the peppermint flavoured one, although the Aero mousse is nice

Bubbles can act like little vortex generators thus working the air harder by keeping it attached to the boundry layer

or make you fart

I think if F1 really wanted to make a difference in 2021 then it should go with ground effect cars with active, a total new concept to learn for most aero guys, ok Newey was there during the williams active days but he won't be around forever, something new to learn for all these new generation of aerodynamasists who weren't around when we first had ground effects

Ah 2021, the year when Bernie has planned for Charles LeClerc to win the title for Ferrari

Bernie is long gone now, made a mint and now making brazillian coffee on his farm, good riddance i say though I'm still unsure about liberty media, Ross Brawn is ok but he's just a puppet and does as he's told

Bernie is long gone now, made a mint and now making brazillian coffee on his farm, good riddance i say though I'm still unsure about liberty media, Ross Brawn is ok but he's just a puppet and does as he's told
    Good riddance now, but without Bernie F1 would still be run out of places like Brian Henton's garage in Donington

Not necessarily a bad thing but agree he did professionalise the whole sport, the days of a few blokes in oily smocks building an f1 car.....ah those were the glory days

Not necessarily a bad thing but agree he did professionalise the whole sport, the days of a few blokes in oily smocks building an f1 car.....ah those were the glory days
    The aforementioned Superhen was one of the last of the line of true 'garagistas', he literally ran his bodged up Marches and Ensigns out of his garage - and his efforts in getting the Toleman TG181 'General Belgrano' onto the grid in '81 was pure madness. I thought he'd cut himself in two when he crashed at Silverstone, what a geezer

So there we have it, it's official it's a redbull Honda from next season, I like the crafty 2 year deal(insurance policy) they've factored in just in case Honda build a dog for the 2021 engine rule change

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)