+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T the F1Thread

O/T the F1Thread

this will probably end up as boring for y'all as Brexit or the songs thread but hey ho nothing much happening with the Rams lol so here we go.

so its the Monaco GP this weekend, anyone going? anyone watching? anyone remotely interested?

me? watching on TV but actually just using it as a warm up for some REAL gladiators, the roundy roundy heroes who will compete for the Indianapolis 500 a few hours later

predictions? monaco Daniel Ricciardo, indy Seb Bourdais who i already have a tenner on

Can I ask why seb?

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Can I ask why seb?
    back in the day i followed F2/F3000 as closely as F1, attended many races (and even some test sessions!) and Towards the end of that period i met Seb as a youngster a few times, he was by far the most grounded of the F3000 crop and i just stuck with him through his success in F3000 and CART, his disaster in F1 and his partial redemption in Indycar. i tend to stick with my favourites through thick and thin, comes with being a Ram I guess. you don't like him?

2 teams have the car to win regularly. A 3rd team will win the odd race and the rest are nowhere.

I understand the constructor's championship perfectly. I don't, however, think that the guy with the most points at the end of the season is necessarily the best driver.

Would Vettell win if he had drive a Sauber or Hamilton in a Force India?

I say each driver drives each car over the season. That way you would really know who the best is.

nice idea but F1 is a business not a sport and that wouldnt be good business

It's like saying was Fergie the best manager, he should have been made to manage a different club each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    back in the day i followed F2/F3000 as closely as F1, attended many races (and even some test sessions!) and Towards the end of that period i met Seb as a youngster a few times, he was by far the most grounded of the F3000 crop and i just stuck with him through his success in F3000 and CART, his disaster in F1 and his partial redemption in Indycar. i tend to stick with my favourites through thick and thin, comes with being a Ram I guess. you don't like him?
    No it's just he was never a mainstream f1 driver so just wondered how or why you followed him. Incidentally my brother cut his teeth building f3000 engines at Alan Smith racing based on Manchester street just behind Mcflys on ashbourne rd at the time when it was cosworth vs mugen, eventually it became zytek motorsport and moved to Repton. Followed a bit of f3000 at the time, remember the ear piercing noise, made your ear drums tickle as they came past, Martin Donnelly, Johnny Herbert I followed. They started doing some BTCC stuff so was always at them meets with free tickets, f1 too when 3000 used to be a support race.

He works at Mercedes hpp now building f1 engines so obviously we support Lewis, we kinda followed him anyway right from his karting days, we raced karts at the same time he did but not in the same category, we were doing 125 and 250 gearbox while he was doing 100cc, it was just a hobby for us but for him it was a stepping stone to bigger things, we knew how hard it was to get noticed and how much it costs to run at the front so when you hear him talk about his dad working 4 jobs just to put Lewis in a kart I can well believe, it cost us round 20k a year to race at the front, karting isn't cheap if you want to win

Too right its not cheap full stop. I briefly ran a 210 villiers waaaay back but just couldn’t afford to continue, time or money. Tried again when the Fun Cup started and ran some ok times at Rockingham but even that was crippling financially so sayonara motor sport!

Ahh 210 villiers, remember them grenades well LOL, did you race at chasewater, that's where we started

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Ahh 210 villiers, remember them grenades well LOL, did you race at chasewater, that's where we started
    Nah Mallory only, where the deficiencies of an overweight fatb*stard were masked by a brilliant engine built by a guy who ran the garage on Breadsall hilltop

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)