+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: O/T the F1Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    At Amazon and other online stores and probably at your local computer/electronic store, you can buy Andriod boxes which you can programme to pick up any station you want. BBC, ITV/Channel4-5, Sky, BTSport, foreign stations etc etc etc. Prices from around £40 to a couple of hundred. Over here the local Computer shop will also programme it for you for around £50 if you think that might be a difficult task.......

..... not that I am trying to persuade anybody into any shady action
    We had this discussion way back, maybe before your entrance to the forum, and I stay (broadly) on the right side of the law on this, a bit sensitive to the whole issue due to previous aggro regarding musical copyright theft. To each their own.

Ironic story on the general them of copyright theft, I had a run-in with a 'professional photographer' (ie a guy with a camera who calls himself professional on facebook) who recently threatened to take me to court re a photo I used in my magazine - he later agreed that copyright rested with the photo's subject matter, a rock band he'd done a shoot with. Anyway, the irony is that despite now having a notice on his fb page that he will sue anyone using his photos, he has put a request out for anyone who will 'lend' him a photoshop installation CD because the PIRATED version of photoshop he has is no longer working....pot kettle black blah blah

Article 13 of the new proposed EU Internet Law addresses exactly these issues. As the wording currently stands Youtube, Facebook and other "content providers" will have to actively police copyright.

Facebook has already dipped its toe into this particular water. Here are two instances of which I am aware.

Two friends of mine who broadcast a weekly Soul Show (for the past 25 years) have broadcast it through the ether in Amsterdam, via internet through the url of the studio they use and also with a live video on Facebook. Amonth ago FB told them they could live stream the video but FB would kill the sound. The first couple of weeks we could both watch and listen through 2 url's. Now they have a new provider for online watching/listening via a single url.

Another friend posted a video of his daughter. There was a Bob Marley track playing in the background..... FB killed the audio. I wonder how much of Youtube's content will be pulled if this new law gets passed. A year ago it was voted down. They have amended it but, IMO, not nearly enough.

I think this piece of legislation will be the catalyst to Millennials turning anti-EU.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Article 13 of the new proposed EU Internet Law addresses exactly these issues. As the wording currently stands Youtube, Facebook and other "content providers" will have to actively police copyright.

Facebook has already dipped its toe into this particular water. Here are two instances of which I am aware.

Two friends of mine who broadcast a weekly Soul Show (for the past 25 years) have broadcast it through the ether in Amsterdam, via internet through the url of the studio they use and also with a live video on Facebook. Amonth ago FB told them they could live stream the video but FB would kill the sound. The first couple of weeks we could both watch and listen through 2 url's. Now they have a new provider for online watching/listening via a single url.

Another friend posted a video of his daughter. There was a Bob Marley track playing in the background..... FB killed the audio. I wonder how much of Youtube's content will be pulled if this new law gets passed. A year ago it was voted down. They have amended it but, IMO, not nearly enough.

I think this piece of legislation will be the catalyst to Millennials turning anti-EU.
    I hope RA isn't reading this, otherwise this will be another topic hijacked for the anti brexit argument.

It seems to have been hijacked away from F1 already

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    It seems to have been hijacked away from F1 already
    I think the conundrum of whether to line Sky’s pockets or break the law in order to watch live f1 is totally relevant IMO

Im lucky in the respect that I work for BT and for the cost of my landline which I have to pay I get free calls, free broadband, free infinity, free BT Vision(all the sky channels), free BT sport as well as other perks, free eye care, dental care, subsidised childcare, half price cinema tickets, weekly offers at electrical stores, employee discount at Dabs.com(or BTshop) after they bought them, 60% off my EE contract......the list goes on, get a job at BT, Sky or Virgin thats what I say

Do they pay you as well?

Is that what that money is in my account, wonder if they're paying me as well, Shhh don't tell em!

#super positive does it again, well who'd of funk it, a track where a ferrari win was nailed on #blessed goes and spoils the party

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Im lucky in the respect that I work for BT and for the cost of my landline which I have to pay I get free calls, free broadband, free infinity, free BT Vision(all the sky channels), free BT sport as well as other perks, free eye care, dental care, subsidised childcare, half price cinema tickets, weekly offers at electrical stores, employee discount at Dabs.com(or BTshop) after they bought them, 60% off my EE contract......the list goes on, get a job at BT, Sky or Virgin thats what I say
    the downside to all that is you have to have BT broadband

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)