+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T the F1Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    I think that I could have stayed out in front in my 1972 MGB roadster.
    I used to have 1966 Midget 1098CC twin carbs, basically the Mini Cooper S engine.

Its Canadian GP weekend and I've reactivated this thread to see if StensonRam is still alive.

Ah, the Canadian GP. On balance, since I started watching regularly in '82, the best GP of the year

A great example of Olympic Legacy, the GP track runs round the service roads for the '76 Montreal rowing course

Highlight? Jenson Button's amazing win from the back in 2011

Lowlight? Riccardo Paletti's sickening death at the start of the 1982 race

My prediction for a win? Hamilton

Talking about an unfortunate death on the track, who was the British World Champion who died on the track?
    Was a Scot I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Talking about an unfortunate death on the track, who was the British World Champion who died on the track?
    Was a Scot I believe.
    Don't get me started on motorsport history, I'll end up as the new R4J

Jim Clark, Hockenheim during a F2 race. There was a plaque erected in his memory next to the track, but the track at that point of the circuit was abandoned in the 90's so the plaque remains in situ basically in the middle of a forest

Obviously the Merc and Ferrari drivers have the fastest machines so those 4 are in with a shout. However, despite all his "incidents" so far this season, not all of which were his fault (just most ), this track suits Max Verstappen and his Red Bull and he might just shout loudest this weekend.

So now let's see how much merc really were holding back in p1,2 and 3, the clever money is saying they'll have half a second over everyone else coupled with it being Lewis' favourite track, he normally owns this track

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    So now let's see how much merc really were holding back in p1,2 and 3, the clever money is saying they'll have half a second over everyone else coupled with it being Lewis' favourite track, he normally owns this track
    The clever money wasn't very clever then.

Couldn't get the hypersofts to turn on, they didn't want to run them as they know it's their Achilles heel, their race pace was better than anybody's so it'll be an interesting race

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Couldn't get the hypersofts to turn on, they didn't want to run them as they know it's their Achilles heel, their race pace was better than anybody's so it'll be an interesting race
    I'd love to say you were right but that was a Schumacher-era borefest. I'm off to watch the indycars

Normally one of the better races but agree yesterday was a bit dull, Lewis with a new engine with the updates wouldn't of qualified 4th and romped home just like finger man did, would of still been a borefest but being a Lewis and merc fan that would of been OK

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)