+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: O/T the F1Thread

Well what do you expect for 20 quid 😁

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Well what do you expect for 20 quid 😁
    Maybe we've spoken. I feel like I've spoken to most BT employees about my broadband

Anyway, back to the race. Pretty boring as it goes, but I'll take a boring LH win than a boring Vettel win. Further bac in the field, Perez is busy earning himself a ride in a mid-pack indycar team. BH is a nice chap but just doesn't look quick enough. Williams look lost, a crying shame for me as they've always been 'my' team. Likewise McLaren, what a FUBAR

You won't have spoken to me, I'm in property and facilities

You won't have spoken to me, I'm in property and facilities
    That's one of my income streams (says he, sounding like some tycoon rather than a ducker and diver). And thanks, yes that is one department I've not been shoved across to

So, team orders decided the Russian GP, understandable in the circumstances, Mercedes want their driver to win the championship. Hopefully if Hamilton wins the championship before the end of the season, he can return the compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    So, team orders decided the Russian GP, understandable in the circumstances, Mercedes want their driver to win the championship. Hopefully if Hamilton wins the championship before the end of the season, he can return the compliment.
    Once the title is safe, I expect him to, if the situation arises.

Agree in that Lewis is the golden boy in the team but I don't believe the team are all for manipulating the races so he wins over his team mate, however there come a point in the season when one of their drivers can't win the WC so has to help his team mate, also lets imagine letting them race, it could so easily become a double DNF when a quick team order ensures maximum points, ok you could argue it would of still been a 1-2 and maximum points but doing it that way meant Lewis wouldn't of got the maximum points and at the stage now where you don't know how Ferrari are going to perform and are not shy of moving their 2nd driver over then Mercedes have to maximise every single opportunity to pull away from Vettel in the points.

Not happy about it but thats how it goes, you could argue if Bottas actually got a wiggle on and matched Lewis blow for blow then he'd be in the hunt for a WC himself and that would be a conumdrum for Toto Wolf

Nice hour long video of how the 2017 played out between Lewis and Seb, bit like Lauda vs Hunt or Senna vs Brundle, well worth a watch, would love them to do one for this season

https://youtu.be/__-SYft5Edc

Ferrari caught cheating! FIA found Ferrari to be burning the oil meant for the use of cooling the batteries in the energy store, this oil isn't governed by the rules and can be anything they choose so with power to spare they were able to run a higher downforce resulting in less slip in the corners, less degradation and still have a speed advantage, however since the sudden drop in power and top speed as proven by Renaults GPS trace and the fact the Ferraris haven't been smoking in the last few races means as a consequence they've had to run less downforce, have less grip in the corners and are using the tyres quicker than Mercedes

https://translate.google.co.uk/trans...-text=&act=url

Ferrari caught cheating! FIA found Ferrari to be burning the oil meant for the use of cooling the batteries in the energy store, this oil isn't governed by the rules and can be anything they choose so with power to spare they were able to run a higher downforce resulting in less slip in the corners, less degradation and still have a speed advantage, however since the sudden drop in power and top speed as proven by Renaults GPS trace and the fact the Ferraris haven't been smoking in the last few races means as a consequence they've had to run less downforce, have less grip in the corners and are using the tyres quicker than Mercedes

https://translate.google.co.uk/trans...-text=&act=url
    What's new, Ferrari have been cheating since Pongo was a pup. Remember the time Ross Brawn, who until then I had respect for, faced up to the world's press with THE most pathetic excuse for why the Ferrari front wing was clearly outside the rules, and Ferrari then got away with it? I'm sure we only hear a tenth of it too.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)