+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Notts County Squad 2018-19

I looked Airborne and Notts were still as they were. I put on earlier albeit on a different thread that Notts at 12/1 is well worth a punt before they come in to 6/1 or 7/1

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    Have the aquisitions made any difference to the promotion odds from the bookies?
    No difference yet. Just be aware of exactly what you are betting on as the 12/1 doesn't refer to promotion odds. The best odds are:

12/1 to win the league (you can get a quarter of those odds each way to finish top 3)
    11/4 to be promoted
    25/1 to be relegated

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    No difference yet. Just be aware of exactly what you are betting on as the 12/1 doesn't refer to promotion odds. The best odds are:

12/1 to win the league (you can get a quarter of those odds each way to finish top 3)
    11/4 to be promoted
    25/1 to be relegated
    25/1, got to be worth a fiver - we are Notts County after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Couple of good signings there!

Just to spin it a different way...

...we have signed 2 players from a relegated side, why would our odds get better?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    At the risk of poking the nest of my resident Mexican goatherding stalker on the subject of betting, I would like to offer a bit of additional advice to anyone sufficiently impressed by the quality of our signings (or maybe potential signings) to consider placing a bet. Before you do, make sure you check out the numerous sign up offers near the top of the link, because as usual they are numerous and generous. Take the offer from Paddy Power as an example. If you don't already have an account with them, they will refund your stake on Notts in cash up to £20 if the bet loses. Normally on these offers any losing bets are refunded as free bets, but this one actually gives you your money back as cash if your bet loses!

https://www.oddschecker.com/football...eague-2/winner

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Things are moving quickly this past couple of days. List updated following the signing of left back Andy Kellett and also corrected as Branislav Pindroch does not appear to have accepted his offer yet.

GOALKEEPERS

GK – Ross Fitzsimons
    GK - TBC
    GK – TBC

DEFENCE

DR - Matt Tootle
    DR - TBC
    DL - Andy Kellett
    DL - TBC
    DC - Shaun Brisley
    DC - TBC
    DC - Pierce Bird
    DC - TBC

MIDFIELD

MR - Terry Hawkridge
    MR – Lewis Alessandra
    ML – TBC
    ML – TBC
    CM - Elliott Hewitt
    CM - Noor Husin
    CM - Liam Noble
    CM - Tom Crawford

FORWARDS

CF – Kristian Dennis
    CF - Jon Stead
    CF – TBC
    CF – TBC
    You have Kellett down in defence. I thought he was a winger

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    You have Kellett down in defence. I thought he was a winger
    When a player signs for us I place them on the list based on their main position as detailed on Transfermarkt which puts him as left back but his other positions are also left midfield and central midfield.

The BBC website states him as a defender whilst his Wikipedia page states him as wing back, attacking midfielder and winger.

At the end of the day we’ll find out where KN wants to play him next season, and he seems quite versatile in where he can play.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    When a player signs for us I place them on the list based on their main position as detailed on Transfermarkt which puts him as left back but his other positions are also left midfield and central midfield.

The BBC website states him as a defender whilst his Wikipedia page states him as wing back, attacking midfielder and winger.

At the end of the day we’ll find out where KN wants to play him next season, and he seems quite versatile in where he can play.
    Fair enough

Well the signing of Kane Hemmings ends an excellent week of business in the transfer market. Based on last seasons stats we've added two strikers who scored 36 goals and 6 assists between them last season. Add Jon Stead into the mix and we've currently got a strike force with 49 goals and 15 assists in all competitions last season.

Both those two are improvements on Forte and Ameobi so on paper we are certainly going to be far far stronger up front compared to last season. Still another place for a loanee striker, or a youngster or someone to come on and go up front for cameos and to see a game out.

Looking at the squad today I'd say the defence needs some signings next, and hopefully O'Connor will accept our offer.

GOALKEEPERS

GK – Ross Fitzsimons
    GK - TBC
    GK – TBC

DEFENCE

DR - Matt Tootle
    DR - TBC
    DL - Andy Kellett
    DL - TBC
    DC - Shaun Brisley
    DC - TBC
    DC - Pierce Bird
    DC - TBC

MIDFIELD

MR - Terry Hawkridge
    MR – Lewis Alessandra
    ML – TBC
    ML – TBC
    CM - Elliott Hewitt
    CM - Noor Husin
    CM - Liam Noble
    CM - Tom Crawford

FORWARDS

CF – Kristian Dennis
    CF - Jon Stead
    CF – Kane Hemmings
    CF – TBC

It will only be possible to be certain when we have the benefit of hindsight, but this is beginning to look like a very strong squad and this week’s transfer activity is a clear statement of intent that Notts will be going for promotion next season. Congratulations to AH - in the last 18 months he’s provided the biggest boost this club has had in many a long year.

Hopefully this excellent start to the close season will be continued with the re-signing of Duffy O’Connor, Jones and Pindroch and with further strengthening with new signings. Although we already have strength in all areas of the field, there’s a lack of numbers in some of them, particularly the back four, and a fourth striker is essential (perhaps a promising loanee). KN is quite keen on using a bit of rotation to keep the players fresh and fit , as well as covering for injuries. So I expect Nolan and Hardy to keep the excitement going for a little while yet.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast