+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Notts County Squad 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Agree with those saying it's looking great for a L2 squad.
    7th place at worst by the looks of this.
    7th place mate ! Notts to go up as Champs. It's coming home , transferring national optimism to local.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    7th place mate ! Notts to go up as Champs. It's coming home , transferring national optimism to local.
    Did you see the 'at worst'? Not sure how good MK Dons, Northampton, Lincoln, Swindon etc will be, but I'd predict 3rd and autos at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Did you see the 'at worst'? Not sure how good MK Dons, Northampton, Lincoln, Swindon etc will be, but I'd predict 3rd and autos at this point.
    opps , no I didn't . Naughty navy, soz

We need an experienced head in CM. As someone said previously, Alexandra could fill the 4th striker role. Kellett can cover LB. Hewitt can cover RB. We're looking good. Just that one spot to fill and I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts_Pie View Post
    We need an experienced head in CM. As someone said previously, Alexandra could fill the 4th striker role. Kellett can cover LB. Hewitt can cover RB. We're looking good. Just that one spot to fill and I'll be happy.
    Not only is Hewitt a cr*p right back, (most people would have happily seen him leave the club before he was moved to centre mid) but he and Kellett woulld both be wasted/missed in the middle of the pitch if they had to play full back imo, Hewitt more so because we all know what he can bring to the side playing in the middle.

Bola would be a great signing and if we haven't at least enquired (since Hardy said we hadn't) then it would be pretty stupid on our behalf. I think we still need a centre back, if any of the 3 main guys get injured we're left with a complete unknown in Bird and with how often Jones missed games last season I think we'd be naive not to get another one in unless we're planning on using Kellett there a lot.

Any truth in this one, anyone in the know???

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 602
Size:  17.8 KB

Suppose we are to be linked to about anyone now.

So experienced midfielder David Vaughan joins us from Nottingham Forest. He becomes only the third player in the entire squad to be over 30 so has a lot of knowledge and experience to help bring on the younger players around him.

We have 21 players now with the average age of the squad being a perfect 25.9 years.

There are 5 players under 21 and 3 players over 30.

This squad really does have a balanced feel about it and must be all but complete, and on paper it looks exciting.

The question is now whether we decide to bring in a third choice goalkeeper, a defender that can cover left and right back and a fourth striker.

GOALKEEPERS

GK – Ross Fitzsimons (Age 24)
    GK - Branislav Pindroch (Age 26)
    GK – TBC

DEFENCE

DR - Matt Tootle (Age 27)
    DR - TBC
    DL - TBC
    DL - Dan Jones (Age 31)
    DC - Shaun Brisley (Age 28)
    DC - Richard Duffy (Age 32)
    DC - Pierce Bird (Age 19)
    DC - Ben Hall (Age 20) Season Loan

MIDFIELD

MR - Terry Hawkridge (Age 28)
    MR – Lewis Alessandra (Age 29)
    MR - Enzio Boldewijn (Age 25)
    ML – Nathan Thomas (Age 23) Season Loan
    ML – Andy Kellett (Age 24)
    CM - Elliott Hewitt (Age 24)
    CM - Noor Husin (Age 21)
    CM - David Vaughan (Age 35)
    CM - Tom Crawford (Age 19)
    CM - Will Patching (Age 19)

FORWARDS

CF – Kristian Dennis (Age 28)
    CF - Jon Stead (Age 35)
    CF – Kane Hemmings (Age 27)
    CF – TBC

This is how NCFC twitter has shown the lineup:

I must say that our revolutionary 8-8-4 formation has a certain promise to it too.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 06-07-2018 at 02:53 PM.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast