+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Notts County Squad 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Updated squad list following two year deals signed by Ross Fitzsimons and Pearce Bird. Plenty more positions to fill including those offered new contracts awaiting.

GOALKEEPERS

GK – Ross Fitzsimons
    GK - Branislav Pindroch
    GK – TBC

DEFENCE

DR - Matt Tootle
    DR - TBC
    DL - TBC
    DL - TBC
    DC - Shaun Brisley
    DC - TBC
    DC - Pierce Bird
    DC - TBC

MIDFIELD

MR - Terry Hawkridge
    MR – Lewis Alessandra
    ML – TBC
    ML – TBC
    CM - Elliott Hewitt
    CM - Noor Husin
    CM - Liam Noble
    CM - TBC

FORWARDS

CF – TBC
    CF - Jon Stead
    CF – TBC
    CF – TBC
    3-6-1 it is then provided KN plays

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    3-6-1 it is then provided KN plays
    Let's hope we are signing a few more than the 4 to 6 as stated by Alan Hardy recently or we will struggle to fill the bench

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I had you down as one who could read, obviously not...Thicko
    Kindly point out the bit I misread. I bet you can't.

Updated following the signing of Tom Crawford from Chester City. Is that the last CM slot filled?

GOALKEEPERS

GK – Ross Fitzsimons
    GK - Branislav Pindroch
    GK – TBC

DEFENCE

DR - Matt Tootle
    DR - TBC
    DL - TBC
    DL - TBC
    DC - Shaun Brisley
    DC - TBC
    DC - Pierce Bird
    DC - TBC

MIDFIELD

MR - Terry Hawkridge
    MR – Lewis Alessandra
    ML – TBC
    ML – TBC
    CM - Elliott Hewitt
    CM - Noor Husin
    CM - Liam Noble
    CM - Tom Crawford

FORWARDS

CF – TBC
    CF - Jon Stead
    CF – TBC
    CF – TBC

I suspect not.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    Too soon? Sorry Collin, Forte, Smith, Curtis et al. But I'm actually a bit excited about Nolan's cull and hopeful that he can use the money left over wisely to build a proper well-rounded squad to compete next season.

So, assuming the players we’ve offered new contracts to re-sign here is the squad for next season and the gaps I’d like to see filling…

GOALKEEPERS

GK – Ross Fitzsimons
    GK - Branislav Pindroch
    GK – TBC

Surprised to see Collin released, but will be happy to see his wage spent up front and Fitzsimons given a chance as number one.

DEFENCE

DR - Matt Tootle
    DR - TBC
    DL - Dan Jones
    DL - TBC
    DC - Shaun Brisley
    DC - Richard Duffy
    DC - Pierce Bird
    DC - TBC

Youth: Harry Bugg and Declan Dunn are both defenders too, tho not sure where they play.

Would love to see a pacey central defender join us and in terms of full-back cover I’d prefer to see a couple of young loanees along the lines of Bola from Arsenal, than old uns like Nicky Hunt.

MIDFIELD

MR - Terry Hawkridge
    MR – Lewis Alessandra
    ML – TBC
    ML – TBC
    CM - Elliott Hewitt
    CM - Noor Husin
    CM - Liam Noble
    CM - Michael O'Connor

Youth: Alex Howes

Apart from replacing Jorge Grant (the pre-Christmas version) we barely need to strengthen here tbh. And if we had more goals up front we'd have been less reliant on him anyhow.

FORWARDS

CF – TBC
    CF - Jon Stead
    CF – TBC
    CF – TBC

Youth: Remaye Campbell and Sam Osborne

Like many fans, I really hope we spend most of the money on new forwards as clearly that’s where we really need it. Ideally three new ones that are all better than Stead. Pace and power needed. And younger legs.

COYP!
    You can discount both Hawkridge and Alessandra, Both are crap. And as for the forward line, we dont have one and that includes Stead.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I suspect not.
    Of course Michael O’Connor - hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    You can discount both Hawkridge and Alessandra, Both are crap. And as for the forward line, we dont have one and that includes Stead.
    Why would you discount them, they are part of the squad?

Maybe in a team playing better football, they might flourish.

We've had much worse wingers Notts.

Alessandra had 5 assists and 7 goals in 39 appearances, 12 of those from the bench. I agree they aren't top tier numbers but he is decent player for this level, he has good composure, touch and can see a pass. He can go missing but then with the way we played I don't think we really helped him elevate his play.

In a passing game I think he could really flourish, and with a striker who can get behind the defence I think he has the quality to find him more often than not. I'd be more confident with Alessandra making a defence splitting pass as apossed to Grant, again good player different skill set.

Quote Originally Posted by Getsmart View Post
    Alessandra had 5 assists and 7 goals in 39 appearances, 12 of those from the bench. I agree they aren't top tier numbers but he is decent player for this level, he has good composure, touch and can see a pass. He can go missing but then with the way we played I don't think we really helped him elevate his play.

In a passing game I think he could really flourish, and with a striker who can get behind the defence I think he has the quality to find him more often than not. I'd be more confident with Alessandra making a defence splitting pass as apossed to Grant, again good player different skill set.
    Alessandra stood out at Hartlepool because they played through him, he's good with the ball at his feet and hasn't been used to the best of his abilities so far at Notts. Funny how Durham can use the excuse of Forte being sh*t for the first half of the season on the fact that we didn't play to his strengths but not allow the same excuse for Allessandra...

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast