+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Notts County Squad 2018-19

I would still like to see a 5-3-2 where I also think Jones would be better suited as a wing back, think this could suit Toots as well.

Duffy Brisley and A.N Other (Hall) as centre backs, Toots and Jones wing backs, Hewitt, O'Connor and either/or Husin/Noble in the middle and two pacey strikers up front.

Loads of options to play the ball out from the back, play it on the floor, plenty of diagonals, getting to the by-line, firing in crosses, tap in's from the strikers . . . easy innit?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I would still like to see a 5-3-2 where I also think Jones would be better suited as a wing back, think this could suit Toots as well.

Duffy Brisley and A.N Other (Hall) as centre backs, Toots and Jones wing backs, Hewitt, O'Connor and either/or Husin/Noble in the middle and two pacey strikers up front.

Loads of options to play the ball out from the back, play it on the floor, plenty of diagonals, getting to the by-line, firing in crosses, tap in's from the strikers . . . easy innit?
    That's a good shout. Not sure how rigidly KN plans to follow the old 4-4-2 but if he's flexible this works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    That's a good shout. Not sure how rigidly KN plans to follow the old 4-4-2 but if he's flexible this works for me.
    TBF I think it gives us better options for Alessandra as well because he seems to love coming inside so might suit him better to play alongside Hewitt with O'Connor sweeping up between them and the centre backs?

TBF I think it gives us better options for Alessandra as well because he seems to love coming inside so might suit him better to play alongside Hewitt with O'Connor sweeping up between them and the centre backs?
    Agreed. Alessandra has been done no favours by being used mainly on the wing, imho.

The reality is that Nolo will struggle to get them to keep any kind of shape if he moves away from a 4-4-2 but time will tell.

The reality is that Nolo will struggle to get them to keep any kind of shape if he moves away from a 4-4-2 but time will tell.
    The reality is that we play in League 2 and not the Premier League.

Quote Originally Posted by hartypie View Post
    The reality is that we play in League 2 and not the Premier League.
    There is that of course but i was trying to be nice about the footballing ability or lack of it within the squad.

Not just our squad tho is it? Most teams play 4-4-2 because it’s what they know.

Two first choice strikers has to be the top priority. A large part of the recruitment budget should be put aside and not diverted to other positions whoever comes up as available (i.e and we end up with too many midfielders again).

Don't like the 532 suggestion. Tootle and Jones are full backs who do their job and contribute going forward, we shouldn't touch that. Agree with hissing dwarf that the jury's out on our wingers. The 442 of this season was too predictable and not a perfect fit for our squad, so maybe a 4-3-3 or a midfield diamond next year to get Allesandra inside. Jones and Tootle can provide the width.

Anyway, exciting times. We're in a good position to do really well next year, if we can up our recruitment game.

Anybody know how long the players offered new contracts get to decide if they want to re-sign?

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast