+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Notts County Squad 2018-19

If the plan is to use players from other positions to cover injuries at full-back, like Hewitt or Duffy as cover for Tootle, then I'm even more surprised we released Milsom who, as well as being a steady midfielder, looked quite accomplished at left-back when he played there. As things stand, we've only got Kellett as cover for Jones, and we're no doubt relying on Kellett's contribution further forward. If we hadn't wasted some of the wage budget on Noble before Christmas, I do wonder whether we could have kept Milsom for at least another year, because he was a fairly reliable player for this level*.

* Unless he still has a serious injury issue, which would obviously explain it.
    Last edited by jackal2; 09-06-2018 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    If it's going to be an A-lister who actually plays, then it will be RW, as our current options are inadequate. If we brought a LW in, it would be cover for Kellett. Agree about CB though, we are short in that area.
    AH alluded to two more from the A list and as it appears that one of those is not going to be a goalkeeper it will be interesting to see where we will be strengthening. A winger is almost a certainty and my guess is the other one is a striker, possibly Bennett.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    AH alluded to two more from the A list and as it appears that one of those is not going to be a goalkeeper it will be interesting to see where we will be strengthening. A winger is almost a certainty and my guess is the other one is a striker, possibly Bennett.
    With Tootle, Jones and Kellett all being capable wing-backs, and the number of midfielders we've acquired, I'm just wondering if Nolan has a 5-3-2 plan in mind? If we sign a right-wing-back and a central defender then it would certainly suggest that!

I'm speculating wildly though. I'm probably wrong and he'll stick with 4-4-2. At least the signing of two more strikers suggests he's not thinking of one up front tactics, which is a relief!

Is that central defense sorted then

I'd say so. I think we still need another left winger and another forward/ striker. But it's great to see us getting good business done so early.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    With Tootle, Jones and Kellett all being capable wing-backs, and the number of midfielders we've acquired, I'm just wondering if Nolan has a 5-3-2 plan in mind? If we sign a right-wing-back and a central defender then it would certainly suggest that!

I'm speculating wildly though. I'm probably wrong and he'll stick with 4-4-2. At least the signing of two more strikers suggests he's not thinking of one up front tactics, which is a relief!
    AH on Twitter suggesting Hall gives KN the option to play 3 at the back so will be interesting to see how this pans out.

So we have Ben Hall back for a season long loan. I think this is excellent business and well done to the club. We’ve kept all our back line from last season and have options.

It’s the third week of June and we have all but sorted the majority of the squad before the fixtures are released and well before the players return for pre-season.

A couple of additions here and there and the squad should be complete.

GOALKEEPERS

GK – Ross Fitzsimons (Age 24)
    GK - Branislav Pindroch (Age 26)
    GK – TBC

DEFENCE

DR - Matt Tootle (Age 27)
    DR - TBC
    DL - TBC
    DL - Dan Jones (Age 31)
    DC - Shaun Brisley (Age 28)
    DC - Richard Duffy (Age 32)
    DC - Pierce Bird (Age 19)
    DC - Ben Hall (Age 21) Season Loan

MIDFIELD

MR - Terry Hawkridge (Age 28)
    MR – Lewis Alessandra (Age 29)
    ML – TBC
    ML – Andy Kellett (Age 24)
    CM - Elliott Hewitt (Age 24)
    CM - Noor Husin (Age 21)
    CM - Liam Noble (Age 27)
    CM - Tom Crawford (Age 19)
    CM - Will Patching (Age 19)

FORWARDS

CF – Kristian Dennis (Age 28)
    CF - Jon Stead (Age 35)
    CF – Kane Hemmings (Age 27)
    CF – TBC

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    Is that central defense sorted then
    Looks that way y'all

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    So we have Ben Hall back for a season long loan. I think this is excellent business and well done to the club. We’ve kept all our back line from last season and have options.

It’s the third week of June and we have all but sorted the majority of the squad before the fixtures are released and well before the players return for pre-season.

A couple of additions here and there and the squad should be complete.

GOALKEEPERS

GK – Ross Fitzsimons (Age 24)
    GK - Branislav Pindroch (Age 26)
    GK – TBC

DEFENCE

DR - Matt Tootle (Age 27)
    DR - TBC
    DL - TBC
    DL - Dan Jones (Age 31)
    DC - Shaun Brisley (Age 28)
    DC - Richard Duffy (Age 32)
    DC - Pierce Bird (Age 19)
    DC - Ben Hall (Age 21) Season Loan

MIDFIELD

MR - Terry Hawkridge (Age 28)
    MR – Lewis Alessandra (Age 29)
    ML – TBC
    ML – Andy Kellett (Age 24)
    CM - Elliott Hewitt (Age 24)
    CM - Noor Husin (Age 21)
    CM - Liam Noble (Age 27)
    CM - Tom Crawford (Age 19)
    CM - Will Patching (Age 19)

FORWARDS

CF – Kristian Dennis (Age 28)
    CF - Jon Stead (Age 35)
    CF – Kane Hemmings (Age 27)
    CF – TBC

Shaping up very well indeed

Does anyone know if any youth team players were offered contracts? A yuff as 3rd goalie is sensible, and cheap. Be nice to get a couple more in and around the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltySeaDog View Post
    Does anyone know if any youth team players were offered contracts? A yuff as 3rd goalie is sensible, and cheap. Be nice to get a couple more in and around the squad.
    I have names, but i've not really seen any of them play...

DEFENCE
    Harry Bugg and Declan Dunn

MIDFIELD
    Alex Howes

FORWARDS
    Remaye Campbell and Sam Osborne

Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast