+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Notts County Squad 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    He signed Mason from Derby who was a serial crock, He signed Virtue who was absolutely dreadfull and left out Milsom who was the player of the year the previous season. Also, when Milsom played at Accrington he was the motm and dropped for the next game.
    Forte wasnt injured as much as you reckon, its just that Nolan prefered to play with 2 geriatric strikers instead. When Forte did play earlier in the season, and for benefit of those who dont go to away games he was played on the wing and was very seldom given a good ball to run on to. Having once spoken to him behind the stand and asked why he wasnt playing, he replied "That he wasnt big enough"...
    Forte is hardly gonna tell you he isn't fit enough to play regularly is he? Same thing with Milsom, knees gone.
    Nolan once said of Forte hes a nice lad, but wants him to come knocking on his door about not playing, suggesting hes not "showing" he wants to play enough, or hungry to play.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    True, but I live in hope that I am still around to witness it
    I'm fairly sure if you check the archives that Durham made a positive post, it might even have been this year. I was going to print and frame it but I got distracted by one of the OT posts and can't find it again now.

They are all positive it's just that most on here are taken in to easilly by bull****.

What bull**** are we ‘easilly’ taken in by?

They are all positive it's just that most on here are taken in to easilly by bull****.
    To reply to that, it was durhampie who stated that "we would have won the league but for Nolan's bad team selection and tactics".

Make up your own mind whether that's a realistic and insightful opinion, or an extreme case of bullsh!t.

Unless forte signs for a league one side this season then his signature by another league 2 side will more than likely come and bite notts back on the backsides.
    Shame he didn’t re-sign as I thought his cameo towards the back end of the season warrented a small contract
    Quick,pacey and goals.
    Isn’t that what we needed
    However Nolan and co have other ideas
    Please please please get us two pacey forwards in

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    To reply to that, it was durhampie who stated that "we would have won the league but for Nolan's bad team selection and tactics".

Make up your own mind whether that's a realistic and insightful opinion, or an extreme case of bullsh!t.
    Yes i do believe we would have gone up automatically if Forte had played more games. But Nolan persisted with 2 donkies that couldnt hit a barn door, other than score from the penalty spot.. And i emphasise again that when he did play earlier in the season it was out on the wing and some of the balls to him were awful. No wonder he looked pissed off. But thats my opinion and no doubt the resident knowalls will have a different view...And some who never went to away games to witness this..

Yes i do believe we would have gone up automatically if Forte had played more games. But Nolan persisted with 2 donkies that couldnt hit a barn door, other than score from the penalty spot.. And i emphasise again that when he did play earlier in the season it was out on the wing and some of the balls to him were awful. No wonder he looked pissed off. But thats my opinion and no doubt the resident knowalls will have a different view...And some who never went to away games to witness this..
    So you still insist that the squad we had would have gone up automatically but for Nolan not selecting Forte and playing to his strengths?

I'll leave it to the "resident knowalls" to make up their own minds!

Updated squad list following two year deals signed by Ross Fitzsimons and Pearce Bird. Plenty more positions to fill including those offered new contracts awaiting.

GOALKEEPERS

GK – Ross Fitzsimons
    GK - Branislav Pindroch
    GK – TBC

DEFENCE

DR - Matt Tootle
    DR - TBC
    DL - TBC
    DL - TBC
    DC - Shaun Brisley
    DC - TBC
    DC - Pierce Bird
    DC - TBC

MIDFIELD

MR - Terry Hawkridge
    MR – Lewis Alessandra
    ML – TBC
    ML – TBC
    CM - Elliott Hewitt
    CM - Noor Husin
    CM - Liam Noble
    CM - TBC

FORWARDS

CF – TBC
    CF - Jon Stead
    CF – TBC
    CF – TBC

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So you still insist that the squad we had would have gone up automatically but for Nolan not selecting Forte and playing to his strengths?

I'll leave it to the "resident knowalls" to make up their own minds!
    I had you down as one who could read, obviously not...Thicko

Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast