+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quality additions now within reach

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Only one person to blame for that defeat to Wigan,and it isn't Jags
    Danny Webber? UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Danny Webber? UTCB
    The man who selected the team

Let's get something straight right now.
    Jags isn't coming back.

Some centre halves are excellent at reading the game and they can almost play forever, Jagielka's ability largely revolved around his pace, he could recover from the mistakes that he and his colleagues often made.
    He doesn't have that pace anymore and he isn't as good at reading the game as some others to compensate for it

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    Jags isn't coming back.

Some centre halves are excellent at reading the game and they can almost play forever, Jagielka's ability largely revolved around his pace, he could recover from the mistakes that he and his colleagues often made.
    He doesn't have that pace anymore and he isn't as good at reading the game as some others to compensate for it

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    Jags isn't coming back.

Although I agree he won't be coming back, his abilities would still be a great addition to any championship team. A lot quicker than people give him credit for ... even Calvert-Lewin said Jags is still one of the quickest at Everton as recently as last season.

I'd take him over Stearman, Wright, & Bash any day, even for just one season to help us push.

But, like you said, he won't be coming.

Quote Originally Posted by JosteinTime View Post
    Although I agree he won't be coming back, his abilities would still be a great addition to any championship team. A lot quicker than people give him credit for ... even Calvert-Lewin said Jags is still one of the quickest at Everton as recently as last season.

I'd take him over Stearman, Wright, & Bash any day, even for just one season to help us push.

But, like you said, he won't be coming.
    I wouldn't JT, but that's just an opinion

As great as once was, I don't think he is anywhere near the player of old and at 36, I'd rather remember him fondly for what he did way back than what he might or might not do for us next season

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    I wouldn't JT, but that's just an opinion

As great as once was, I don't think he is anywhere near the player of old and at 36, I'd rather remember him fondly for what he did way back than what he might or might not do for us next season
    John Terry not exactly done Villa's promotion hopes any harm this year...

Like a poster above said we currently have Jake Wright in the squad to fill the old head not much pace but reads the game role. Jags is a huge upgrade over that. Let's be fair, he's been playing in a top 8 Prem side as recently as this year, whereas John Terry was last season playing regularly in the Prem 2-3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by GuancheBlade View Post
    John Terry not exactly done Villa's promotion hopes any harm this year...

Like a poster above said we currently have Jake Wright in the squad to fill the old head not much pace but reads the game role. Jags is a huge upgrade over that. Let's be fair, he's been playing in a top 8 Prem side as recently as this year, whereas John Terry was last season playing regularly in the Prem 2-3 years ago.
    I wouldn't sign John Terry either

John Terry is a cheating c@nt who gets away with everything that he does.
    Jagielka playing for us wouldn't
    Last edited by JJBlade; 23-05-2018 at 08:27 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast