+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quality additions now within reach

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    John Terry is a cheating c@nt who gets away with everything that he does.
    That pretty much sums up the entire Villa team

jags would be ok for 1 season if he came within our pay structure imo but we would certainly have to either sign or loan another centre back still think the probability is that we will sign 3 and loan 3

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    jags would be ok for 1 season if he came within our pay structure imo but we would certainly have to either sign or loan another centre back still think the probability is that we will sign 3 and loan 3
    CW reported as saying defence and attack are the two areas he's looking at

still think it will be goalkeeper 2 defenders 2 strikers and although its our best area for cover could well be another midfielder to come in

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    Although he declined the invitation to elaborate too much, (a wise choice given they hope to enter the transfer market shortly), Wilder did confirm United’s recruitment budget has been increased. Supporters were warned not to expect multi-million pound signings. “I am not talking out of turn, it’s not going to be head-turning where we are blowing everybody out of the water.” But, after finishing 10th on a bottom six budget last season, Wilder did acknowledge the amount placed at his disposal meant “quality” additions are now within reach.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...vent-1-9176286
    Quality additions? I guarantee whoever Our Chris signs it'll not not be r8 for some fans but that's one of the things that meks the game so gr8(Different opinions)I can't believe we aint signed anyone yet,come on BLADES shek a leg or ger a move on for anyone that dint understand the shek a leg comment.UTCB

well i expect at least 3 good quality signings rod that can go straight in team if picked and a couple of good squad signings weve got 8 or 9 moving out so a minimum of 5 is required imo utb ftp

Quality signings would be those that immediately came in and grabbed a first team shirt.
    Any player can fail to produce at any given club, it doesn't mean they are not quality.

The players coming in have to, be able to displace their rival for the shirt, be happy to be here, and be able to play in our particular style. That is Wilder's job to find the players that will do what he asks of them and keep them happy.

If we hear the words "versatile" "good lad" "squad addition" "one for the future" when describing almost all of our signings the recent period of improvement and going forward is all over.

the main 3 signings have to be a centre back and 2 strikers so stearman clarke and sharpy have to be challenged from the off for the spot i also think if we want blackman back it will have to be another loan doubt chris will spend 2.5 mill and 20k a week for a goalkeeper although personally i think it would be a great addition for us maybe a loan with a view to buy at the end of season

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123