+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SPL prize payments

According to today's Ptarmigan & Jojoba, the two relegated teams get a parachute payment from the SPFL for next season, and for the following one if they fail to be promoted. Jags (£500k/£250k), Dingwall (£300k/£125k).

Another payment that the PJMs will be missing this season as they're destined for a 3rd (THIRD, AYE ****ING THIRD, you deluded, slopey-foreheaded inbred whankers) season in what I still call the second division. Enjoy their pain, fellow schadenfreudians.

Quote Originally Posted by sallan2000 View Post
    Anyone else think the 900K between first and second is a bit skewed compared to the 320K between second and third?

Most of the jumps are pretty even, then BOOM! nearly a million quid.....
    It's better than the old system where there was a tiny gap between 1st and 2nd, and a huge gap between 2nd and 3rd.

The money is paid out in three instalments.

Set equal amounts per club at season start and before the split, with the balance at the end differing per club based on final league position.

Edit: total distributable revenue is not up much - only £0.8m. Last year's total was £22.9m

Last edited by kkong; 23-05-2018 at 05:57 PM.

I'm pleasantly surprised. I hadn't realised we got that much. I think I may have been getting muddled up with an amount that someone had posted a few years back stating what our income had been from one of our europa jaunts.

And then you compare it to the English League money... sickening.

Now factor in the amount of Scots who still pay for Sky Sports and BT, thus funding this utter ****e.

Name:  sfas.jpg
Views: 504
Size:  101.1 KB

Totally agree, English money is shocking, overhyped,overpaid,over rated garbage.
    Never paid for Sky Sports and never intend to.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    They should take the £27M and split it among all 42 clubs... same for TV money as well. Make it a level playing field.
    Scottish football a level playing field? Behave. We can't have any of that nonsense!

Quote Originally Posted by Onebobbyconnor View Post
    Scottish football a level playing field? Behave. We can't have any of that nonsense!
    Next we will be wanting Scottish football out of Glasgow, with all clubs treated the same and fairly along with neutral referee's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12