+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: McClean

Quote Originally Posted by albion68 View Post
    . It’s called favouritism al, how the f@ck was ray Barlow joe kennady overlooked for England 1cap between them and a certain glogger up the road get over 100. and bomber.
    Wasnt right was it 68 - or was it?

To be fair my dad watched Billy Wright and said he was class. He also said Kennedy was as good and Irishman Jack Vernon was better than both.
    Ray Barlow was Bobby Moore's schoolboy hero, but only won one cap.
    It's all about the man in possession, the reason why Statham, Mullen, Bomber and Richards didn't get as many as they deserved.
    I also think Batson was better than Phil Neale.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Wasnt right was it 68 - or was it?
    yes.

Bomber played a similar role to Bobby Charlton. When Charlton faded we went down to the second tier.
    My dad said Barlow was the best player he'd ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Bomber played a similar role to Bobby Charlton. When Charlton faded we went down to the second tier.
    My dad said Barlow was the best player he'd ever seen.
    Ray Barlow was a complete footballer so was Joe Kennady, the old man raved about Jackie vernon,and is size 6 boot ?

You old uns are lucky foookers, I grew up watching north, strodder and raven.

And midfielders like gilbert and the (much) lesser Robson.

And the goal power of bannister.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post

blood your a cheeky bugga.havnt you heard ,70 the new 40 honest.

We watched them to blood , & it wasn't the best , i wasn't born to see the 54 team but heard they were a very good side , my best albion team was the 3 degrees team but its wasn't all about them 3 try the 2 Browns , Cantello Robson ( Brian ) Johnston , Statham godden Wile Roberson , a great side that played great football , at least i can say i was their home & away in them days Why im on was anybody a member of H A T S Hawthornes away Travel section ? What ever happened to him Joe 90 willets is he still around ,

Jots, Hats just became the away travel we have now, in that it is run in conjunction with the Albion, so some refer to it as the official travel.

When I started going you used to have to ring hats and reserve your places, you could not buy them like now, with your ticket.

We also sometimes with a bloke called dave gutteridge who would pick up from Dudley, only problem with him was his long haired son was a vile fan.

Jots, Hats just became the away travel we have now, in that it is run in conjunction with the Albion, so some refer to it as the official travel.

When I started going you used to have to ring hats and reserve your places, you could not buy them like now, with your ticket.

We also sometimes with a bloke called dave gutteridge who would pick up from Dudley, only problem with him was his long haired son was a vile fan.
    Cheers Blood , Albion mad back in the day , would see them play the likes of Southampton or Norwich for a night game then knock the next day off from work to sleep in them days in my job if you had a day off you had no pay , how stupid was i ? I don't suppose im alone .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)