+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Hearts fans

The Hearts fans

Hats off to them thats some amount of money they have raised,and staying put in their historical home
    should we have looked at a similar money pay in scheme?im not on about fan ownership,but raising money.

Hearts is delighted to confirm that Foundation of Hearts pledgers have fulfilled their promise of a £3 million contribution to the Tynecastle Redevelopment Fund.

We will now revert to the original 3-way agreement between the Club, FoH and BidCo, which will see Hearts become the biggest fan owned club in the UK within the next two years.

Stuart Wallace, FoH Chairman, said:

“In 2016, Ann Budge made an offer to FoH pledgers to defer repayment of the BidCo loan in favour of contributing £3 million towards the development of the Main Stand.

“That offer was overwhelmingly accepted by the FoH membership and we are delighted to have now paid the agreed £3 million on schedule.

“We now continue on our extraordinary journey which has seen Hearts go from the brink of liquidation to a club that is laying down the foundations for a bright future, epitomised by the development of the new Main Stand at Tynecastle Park.

“The journey, made possible thanks to the monthly contributions of thousands of Hearts supporters, now continues and that backing will be absolutely ***** as we move towards fan ownership of the club.”

Ann Budge, Hearts Chairwoman & Owner, said:

“The backing that the Club has received… and indeed continues to receive from Hearts supporters is nothing short of incredible. A prime example of this is the £3 million contribution made by FoH pledgers to the Tynecastle Redevelopment Fund. I would like to say a huge thank you to every single FoH pledger for their contributions.

“We now have a magnificent new Main Stand at Tynecastle Park…something that quite simply would not have been possible in the timescales we have achieved without the constant backing of the Hearts supporters.

“We have come a long way since those dark days in 2014 and the way Hearts fans have rallied behind the Club is remarkable.

“We set out with the goal of making Hearts the biggest fan owned club within the UK and we are on course to achieve this within the next 2 years. How amazing is that!

“By continuing to pull together in this way over the coming years, there is no limit to what we can achieve.”

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    Hats off to them thats some amount of money they have raised,and staying put in their historical home
    should we have looked at a similar money pay in scheme?im not on about fan ownership,but raising money.

Hearts is delighted to confirm that Foundation of Hearts pledgers have fulfilled their promise of a £3 million contribution to the Tynecastle Redevelopment Fund.

We will now revert to the original 3-way agreement between the Club, FoH and BidCo, which will see Hearts become the biggest fan owned club in the UK within the next two years.

Stuart Wallace, FoH Chairman, said:

“In 2016, Ann Budge made an offer to FoH pledgers to defer repayment of the BidCo loan in favour of contributing £3 million towards the development of the Main Stand.

“That offer was overwhelmingly accepted by the FoH membership and we are delighted to have now paid the agreed £3 million on schedule.

“We now continue on our extraordinary journey which has seen Hearts go from the brink of liquidation to a club that is laying down the foundations for a bright future, epitomised by the development of the new Main Stand at Tynecastle Park.

“The journey, made possible thanks to the monthly contributions of thousands of Hearts supporters, now continues and that backing will be absolutely ***** as we move towards fan ownership of the club.”

Ann Budge, Hearts Chairwoman & Owner, said:

“The backing that the Club has received… and indeed continues to receive from Hearts supporters is nothing short of incredible. A prime example of this is the £3 million contribution made by FoH pledgers to the Tynecastle Redevelopment Fund. I would like to say a huge thank you to every single FoH pledger for their contributions.

“We now have a magnificent new Main Stand at Tynecastle Park…something that quite simply would not have been possible in the timescales we have achieved without the constant backing of the Hearts supporters.

“We have come a long way since those dark days in 2014 and the way Hearts fans have rallied behind the Club is remarkable.

“We set out with the goal of making Hearts the biggest fan owned club within the UK and we are on course to achieve this within the next 2 years. How amazing is that!

“By continuing to pull together in this way over the coming years, there is no limit to what we can achieve.”

There are big individual Donars in that total,not all run of the mill fans.

as there wouldve been if we had similar billy,when i did the flag there was some large individule donations

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    as there wouldve been if we had similar billy,when i did the flag there was some large individule donations
    The subtle difference is the large Hearts donations are broadly given without needing to be in charge.

In Dundee the egos of the people who can give a bit extra get in the way, plenty of people who have a few pubs or some taxis think they are the next Roman Abramovich.

I, for one, am happy the Americans are in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by ProvieRd View Post
    The subtle difference is the large Hearts donations are broadly given without needing to be in charge.

In Dundee the egos of the people who can give a bit extra get in the way, plenty of people who have a few pubs or some taxis think they are the next Roman Abramovich.

I, for one, am happy the Americans are in charge.
    Agree ProvieRd.

OWill be interesting to see what happens when the transfer to supporter ownership is actually put in place. We might find that there are Hearts supporters who have more pubs or taxis and think they should be on the board before others. Still don't understand how they are going to keep going with ST sales and people paying in through the Foundation of Hearts. There will be a Board of trustees to manage their Foundation and it would seem logical that they would be the likely arbiters for who takes over from Ann Budge. There may be trouble ahead, but in the meantime good luck to them.

i hear yous,just thinking if anything along those lines would work for us,im not advocating a fans run model,just a money raiser,prob an awfy lot of ideas could tangent in different directions from the hearts model

There were some good sized donations funnelled through Dundee Mad in its hey day.
    From Admin 1 in 2003 to Admin 2 in 2010-11 I’m sure that this board and posters used Mad as a centrepiece to raising well over £100k some of which did not go direct to the club but via the Society.
    We were getting more than 1 million hits per month at one time

Even now I’m so proud of our fan base especially posters but sadly mostly ex posters from here.

So many unsung heroes

yip i can vouch for the 1mill+ posts mate,every1 seemed to galvanise when the chips were down,
    there was also an offer to supply the materials to do up the original derry steps and many more from normal down to earth derry boys and girls

horrible historical period for the club we love,but what a group of obstinate people both on and off the park that moulded into 1 to defy the people who wanted our club dead

DDYB 125 not out

Quote Originally Posted by Shuntz View Post
    There were some good sized donations funnelled through Dundee Mad in its hey day.
    From Admin 1 in 2003 to Admin 2 in 2010-11 I’m sure that this board and posters used Mad as a centrepiece to raising well over £100k some of which did not go direct to the club but via the Society.

Even now I’m so proud of our fan base especially posters but sadly mostly ex posters from here.

So many unsung heroes
    That's why I still post on both Forums. This one had it all its own way but the advertising made it much more difficult to use. You guys did a great job and you allow a more outspoken approach. Unfortunately not everyone takes Noah's advice to chill out and realise it's only a forum. When you look at it the banter about "the clique" is just as silly as some of the banter on the other forum about Holt Haters etc. Because there are not so many posters it makes it a bit difficult if you aren't into one line put downs, but this thread is working really well.

I think that FPS worry that any money given to a DFC supporting organisation is merely money that they could have had. They don't seem to see a wider picture where people give money to support something that they believe in and it would never occur to give the money to FPS.

Wonder what would be the situation if DFCSS had been able to action their plan to raise the money to buy Dens from John Bennett? I'd still like to understand how the Foundation of Hearts is going to be used to allow Ann Budge to step down.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuntz View Post

So many unsung heroes
    Sad thing is, a lot off the money still hasn’t reached the club

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)