Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Thread: The Hearts fans

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    19,726

    The Hearts fans

    Hats off to them thats some amount of money they have raised,and staying put in their historical home
    should we have looked at a similar money pay in scheme?im not on about fan ownership,but raising money.

    Hearts is delighted to confirm that Foundation of Hearts pledgers have fulfilled their promise of a £3 million contribution to the Tynecastle Redevelopment Fund.

    We will now revert to the original 3-way agreement between the Club, FoH and BidCo, which will see Hearts become the biggest fan owned club in the UK within the next two years.

    Stuart Wallace, FoH Chairman, said:

    “In 2016, Ann Budge made an offer to FoH pledgers to defer repayment of the BidCo loan in favour of contributing £3 million towards the development of the Main Stand.

    “That offer was overwhelmingly accepted by the FoH membership and we are delighted to have now paid the agreed £3 million on schedule.

    “We now continue on our extraordinary journey which has seen Hearts go from the brink of liquidation to a club that is laying down the foundations for a bright future, epitomised by the development of the new Main Stand at Tynecastle Park.

    “The journey, made possible thanks to the monthly contributions of thousands of Hearts supporters, now continues and that backing will be absolutely ***** as we move towards fan ownership of the club.”

    Ann Budge, Hearts Chairwoman & Owner, said:



    “The backing that the Club has received… and indeed continues to receive from Hearts supporters is nothing short of incredible. A prime example of this is the £3 million contribution made by FoH pledgers to the Tynecastle Redevelopment Fund. I would like to say a huge thank you to every single FoH pledger for their contributions.

    “We now have a magnificent new Main Stand at Tynecastle Park…something that quite simply would not have been possible in the timescales we have achieved without the constant backing of the Hearts supporters.

    “We have come a long way since those dark days in 2014 and the way Hearts fans have rallied behind the Club is remarkable.

    “We set out with the goal of making Hearts the biggest fan owned club within the UK and we are on course to achieve this within the next 2 years. How amazing is that!

    “By continuing to pull together in this way over the coming years, there is no limit to what we can achieve.”

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    2,919
    Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    Hats off to them thats some amount of money they have raised,and staying put in their historical home
    should we have looked at a similar money pay in scheme?im not on about fan ownership,but raising money.

    Hearts is delighted to confirm that Foundation of Hearts pledgers have fulfilled their promise of a £3 million contribution to the Tynecastle Redevelopment Fund.

    We will now revert to the original 3-way agreement between the Club, FoH and BidCo, which will see Hearts become the biggest fan owned club in the UK within the next two years.

    Stuart Wallace, FoH Chairman, said:

    “In 2016, Ann Budge made an offer to FoH pledgers to defer repayment of the BidCo loan in favour of contributing £3 million towards the development of the Main Stand.

    “That offer was overwhelmingly accepted by the FoH membership and we are delighted to have now paid the agreed £3 million on schedule.

    “We now continue on our extraordinary journey which has seen Hearts go from the brink of liquidation to a club that is laying down the foundations for a bright future, epitomised by the development of the new Main Stand at Tynecastle Park.

    “The journey, made possible thanks to the monthly contributions of thousands of Hearts supporters, now continues and that backing will be absolutely ***** as we move towards fan ownership of the club.”

    Ann Budge, Hearts Chairwoman & Owner, said:



    “The backing that the Club has received… and indeed continues to receive from Hearts supporters is nothing short of incredible. A prime example of this is the £3 million contribution made by FoH pledgers to the Tynecastle Redevelopment Fund. I would like to say a huge thank you to every single FoH pledger for their contributions.

    “We now have a magnificent new Main Stand at Tynecastle Park…something that quite simply would not have been possible in the timescales we have achieved without the constant backing of the Hearts supporters.

    “We have come a long way since those dark days in 2014 and the way Hearts fans have rallied behind the Club is remarkable.

    “We set out with the goal of making Hearts the biggest fan owned club within the UK and we are on course to achieve this within the next 2 years. How amazing is that!

    “By continuing to pull together in this way over the coming years, there is no limit to what we can achieve.”

    There are big individual Donars in that total,not all run of the mill fans.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    19,726
    as there wouldve been if we had similar billy,when i did the flag there was some large individule donations

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    963
    Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    as there wouldve been if we had similar billy,when i did the flag there was some large individule donations
    The subtle difference is the large Hearts donations are broadly given without needing to be in charge.

    In Dundee the egos of the people who can give a bit extra get in the way, plenty of people who have a few pubs or some taxis think they are the next Roman Abramovich.

    I, for one, am happy the Americans are in charge.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,264
    Quote Originally Posted by ProvieRd View Post
    The subtle difference is the large Hearts donations are broadly given without needing to be in charge.

    In Dundee the egos of the people who can give a bit extra get in the way, plenty of people who have a few pubs or some taxis think they are the next Roman Abramovich.

    I, for one, am happy the Americans are in charge.
    Agree ProvieRd.

    OWill be interesting to see what happens when the transfer to supporter ownership is actually put in place. We might find that there are Hearts supporters who have more pubs or taxis and think they should be on the board before others. Still don't understand how they are going to keep going with ST sales and people paying in through the Foundation of Hearts. There will be a Board of trustees to manage their Foundation and it would seem logical that they would be the likely arbiters for who takes over from Ann Budge. There may be trouble ahead, but in the meantime good luck to them.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    19,726
    i hear yous,just thinking if anything along those lines would work for us,im not advocating a fans run model,just a money raiser,prob an awfy lot of ideas could tangent in different directions from the hearts model

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    12,506
    There were some good sized donations funnelled through Dundee Mad in its hey day.
    From Admin 1 in 2003 to Admin 2 in 2010-11 Iím sure that this board and posters used Mad as a centrepiece to raising well over £100k some of which did not go direct to the club but via the Society.
    We were getting more than 1 million hits per month at one time

    Even now Iím so proud of our fan base especially posters but sadly mostly ex posters from here.

    So many unsung heroes

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    19,726
    yip i can vouch for the 1mill+ posts mate,every1 seemed to galvanise when the chips were down,
    there was also an offer to supply the materials to do up the original derry steps and many more from normal down to earth derry boys and girls

    horrible historical period for the club we love,but what a group of obstinate people both on and off the park that moulded into 1 to defy the people who wanted our club dead

    DDYB 125 not out

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuntz View Post
    There were some good sized donations funnelled through Dundee Mad in its hey day.
    From Admin 1 in 2003 to Admin 2 in 2010-11 I’m sure that this board and posters used Mad as a centrepiece to raising well over £100k some of which did not go direct to the club but via the Society.
    We were getting more than 1 million hits per month at one time

    Even now I’m so proud of our fan base especially posters but sadly mostly ex posters from here.

    So many unsung heroes
    That's why I still post on both Forums. This one had it all its own way but the advertising made it much more difficult to use. You guys did a great job and you allow a more outspoken approach. Unfortunately not everyone takes Noah's advice to chill out and realise it's only a forum. When you look at it the banter about "the clique" is just as silly as some of the banter on the other forum about Holt Haters etc. Because there are not so many posters it makes it a bit difficult if you aren't into one line put downs, but this thread is working really well.

    I think that FPS worry that any money given to a DFC supporting organisation is merely money that they could have had. They don't seem to see a wider picture where people give money to support something that they believe in and it would never occur to give the money to FPS.

    Wonder what would be the situation if DFCSS had been able to action their plan to raise the money to buy Dens from John Bennett? I'd still like to understand how the Foundation of Hearts is going to be used to allow Ann Budge to step down.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Shuntz View Post
    There were some good sized donations funnelled through Dundee Mad in its hey day.
    From Admin 1 in 2003 to Admin 2 in 2010-11 I’m sure that this board and posters used Mad as a centrepiece to raising well over £100k some of which did not go direct to the club but via the Society.
    We were getting more than 1 million hits per month at one time

    Even now I’m so proud of our fan base especially posters but sadly mostly ex posters from here.

    So many unsung heroes
    Sad thing is, a lot off the money still hasn’t reached the club

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,728
    Quote Originally Posted by ProvieRd View Post
    The subtle difference is the large Hearts donations are broadly given without needing to be in charge.

    In Dundee the egos of the people who can give a bit extra get in the way, plenty of people who have a few pubs or some taxis think they are the next Roman Abramovich.
    Y
    I, for one, am happy the Americans are in charge.
    Brilliant post

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,173
    Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Sad thing is, a lot off the money still hasn’t reached the club
    Can you explain why not?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Can you explain why not?
    You know why not, but just to remind you, DFCSS kept the money in a bank account, paid for jolly’s to “fan owned club” meetings, ect, they still have money in the bank to this day, as you know, money that fans handed over believing it was going straight to the club, this includes money shaded handed over from the flag

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    19,726
    the words used at the time were "to stop the money possibly vanishing down a black hole "ie if it had went direct to the club at that time ,it was possible that it wouldv been swallowed up by admin payouts,hence the dfcss holding onto it

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,728
    But why still hold onto it, how much was used to “build bridges” with people who bridges hadn’t been broken, the cost of the pink hi-viz jackets must have amounted to a few quid

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    963
    Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    the words used at the time were "to stop the money possibly vanishing down a black hole "ie if it had went direct to the club at that time ,it was possible that it wouldv been swallowed up by admin payouts,hence the dfcss holding onto it
    That was the partially true smokescreen that allowed DFCSS to hold the club to ransom later on, allowing some people who didnít have a few taxis or pubs to catapult themselves into positions where they could fantasise and use Dundee FC as a vehicle for their own ambitions.

    Remember what Fraser Mcdonald said in the Gardyne theatre when the fans voted to end the nonsense....he warned the people in the room they didnít know what they were about to vote for.

    Turns out they voted for boardroom stability, investment in the team, SPL football and a club free from idiots trying to turn us in to a bowling club.

    In admin 1 the fans were amazing, raised a heap of money and saved their club.

    In admin 2 many fans were again amazing, but the fundraising was tired and weary and fell short of what was needed. The power grab was on and the follow up was fan ownership (and egos) nearly killed Dundee FC as we know it

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,156
    Quote Originally Posted by ProvieRd View Post
    That was the partially true smokescreen that allowed DFCSS to hold the club to ransom later on, allowing some people who didnít have a few taxis or pubs to catapult themselves into positions where they could fantasise and use Dundee FC as a vehicle for their own ambitions.

    Remember what Fraser Mcdonald said in the Gardyne theatre when the fans voted to end the nonsense....he warned the people in the room they didnít know what they were about to vote for.

    Turns out they voted for boardroom stability, investment in the team, SPL football and a club free from idiots trying to turn us in to a bowling club.

    In admin 1 the fans were amazing, raised a heap of money and saved their club.

    In admin 2 many fans were again amazing, but the fundraising was tired and weary and fell short of what was needed. The power grab was on and the follow up was fan ownership (and egos) nearly killed Dundee FC as we know it
    Good post
    Think it was Dave Forbes who grabbed the mike and come away wi piish about the fans not knowing what they were voting for
    Arrogant priick

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    963
    Quote Originally Posted by ABERFELDYDEE View Post
    Good post
    Think it was Dave Forbes who grabbed the mike and come away wi piish about the fans not knowing what they were voting for
    Arrogant priick
    Was 100% Fraser McDonald, who was also an angry wee boy that his thing was unravelling

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,662
    Good to read some of the positive stuff on here.

    The main problem at Hearts is that Ann Budge has extended 8,000 fans' direct debits (average £15 per month) to nearly 10 years.

    She has managed to get a new stand paid for by fans and hidden losses by two anonymous loans of £2.5million to prop up the accounts.

    The big problem is she's pulled a stroke and managed to get a new (well overpriced) new main stand . . . . but the club is now cash-strapped for years to come to put a team on the park.

    I predict that Hearts fans will never accept being second-best to Hibs who are well run (and built their new stand for HALF the price that Ann Budge's brother's building company charged).

    All that glitters . . . .
    Last edited by deetox; 25-05-2018 at 08:46 PM.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,264
    Quote Originally Posted by deetox View Post
    Good to read some of the positive stuff on here.

    The main problem at Hearts is that Ann Budge has extended 8,000 fans' direct debits (average £15 per month) to nearly 10 years.

    She has managed to get a new stand paid for by fans and hidden losses by two anonymous loans of £2.5million to prop up the accounts.

    The big problem is she's pulled a stroke and managed to get a new (well overpriced) new main stand . . . . but the club is now cash-strapped for years to come to put a team on the park.

    I predict that Hearts fans will never accept being second-best to Hibs who are well run (and built their new stand for HALF the price that Ann Budge's brother's building company charged).

    All that glitters . . . .
    Sorry Deetox but is there any verification for your post? Quite willing to believe it but the figure you give of 8000 supporters paying an average of £15 per month works out at £1.44m per year. Surely they would be able to support the team as well as paying for their new stand with that level of income?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •