+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Millers following...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I always thought it would be harder to shift tickets this time.

Last time we still had the buzz of the new stadium and the prospect of back to back promotions.
    For some people it's probably a once in a lifetime thing and that box has already been ticked.

I'm disappointed that the event has not been marketed better. Although the commercial side of the club has been transformed under TS we could do much more to get the town involved and make tickets easier to buy. Perhaps the fact that they only get 25% of net sales is the reason for the apparent lack of effort.

I thought 17,000. That's looking optimistic now.

This is our third trip in 8 years to the new Wembley so perhaps the novelty of play offs and the venue have worn off
    Also the transport and tickets ain't cheap.

Shrews were there a couple of months ago

Those numbers it could have been held at a stadium between Rotherham and Shrewsbury like Pride Park or Stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    I always thought it would be harder to shift tickets this time.

Last time we still had the buzz of the new stadium and the prospect of back to back promotions.
    For some people it's probably a once in a lifetime thing and that box has already been ticked.

I'm disappointed that the event has not been marketed better. Although the commercial side of the club has been transformed under TS we could do much more to get the town involved and make tickets easier to buy. Perhaps the fact that they only get 25% of net sales is the reason for the apparent lack of effort.

I thought 17,000. That's looking optimistic now.
    Was going to post the exact same thing. I think people are cautious of going back in the Championship too after the shambolic performance last season. Going to Wembley on the back of a promotion vs on the back of a relegation will put some people off, theres not as much of a buzz.

It is payday on Friday though maybe we'll see a last minute surge then? I know a few people who are waiting til payday to get the ticket. Strangely enough I also know a fair amount of people that are on holiday too, it wasn't looking like we were going to finish in the play-offs nevermind get to Wembley just before Christmas so a fair few people have booked a holiday when they otherwise might have held off if we were up there then

Quote Originally Posted by Donmiller View Post
    Was going to post the exact same thing. I think people are cautious of going back in the Championship too after the shambolic performance last season. Going to Wembley on the back of a promotion vs on the back of a relegation will put some people off, theres not as much of a buzz.
    You may be right Don but blows my mind that people would support the Millers but not want to take part in a rare chance of glory. Understand the costs though but for me, promotions are what we're aiming for, ain't that the point?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    You may be right Don but blows my mind that people would support the Millers but not want to take part in a rare chance of glory. Understand the costs though but for me, promotions are what we're aiming for, ain't that the point?!?!
    True, we've known for a few months we'd be in the play offs too I've had a Wembley fund stashed away since we went on our unbeaten run in anticipation. It's what football is all about isn't it days like this

14k sold so far which I think is poor. Maybe we'll shift a few more thousand tomorrow on payday

Tbh I'm not as excited about this time around as I were in 2014. Not sure why as the goal is the same..
    Maybe it was the Evans rollercoaster effect. I guess if the rollercoaster goes around enough times even the die hard will eventually want to get off

It's expensive and people have already visited in 2010 and 2014, and many won't have been that impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    It's expensive and people have already visited in 2010 and 2014, and many won't have been that impressed.
    Wots the point in supporting a team like Rotherham or Shrewsbury if you don't get excited or find a way to go to your nation stadium and hopefully see them achieve the impossible ( well I never thought it was possible to get in the championship 3 times in that many years). For teams like us these are the occasions we should all get to as they may not come round every few years soon.

It makes you wonder whether it is the right place to be holding a final of this size there. Ok they don't know who will be there at the end of the season so that's the justification.

Would a home and return legged final be better?

Could they not chose a location between the two teams like they used to for the semi finals of the FA Cup.

Let us face it the only reason it is held at Wembley is to pay for it.

Who does pay for the match to be staged there? Who pays for the stewards, the ground staff and the policing? What is the profit that a club can hope for at a stadium of that size when it is less than a third full?

Don't get me wrong I have loved all three visits and would be there under other circumstances but is it finacially viable when a shorter trip to Manchester would suit both clubs in either stadium. That would be a sell out I think.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast