+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Millers following...

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    You may be right Don but blows my mind that people would support the Millers but not want to take part in a rare chance of glory. Understand the costs though but for me, promotions are what we're aiming for, ain't that the point?!?!
    True, we've known for a few months we'd be in the play offs too I've had a Wembley fund stashed away since we went on our unbeaten run in anticipation. It's what football is all about isn't it days like this

14k sold so far which I think is poor. Maybe we'll shift a few more thousand tomorrow on payday

Quote Originally Posted by Donmiller View Post
    True, we've known for a few months we'd be in the play offs too I've had a Wembley fund stashed away since we went on our unbeaten run in anticipation. It's what football is all about isn't it days like this

14k sold so far which I think is poor. Maybe we'll shift a few more thousand tomorrow on payday
    According to my made up stats lol

Most of our fan base is ether pensioners or young people who became a fan after new stadium was built.

My uncle who says he’s a rotherham fan says the spark left for him when buckets for collection came around. I keep telling him to come to new ground since he’s never been.

I think the club has had such a rough patch in past people are afraid of having their Hope smashed

But that’s just what I think issue is anyway

However it would explain quite a few things

A lot of good points there silly. I think we still need to build our fan base a couple of seasons in the Championship aint enough to do that. If we can get up and try to stick there for a few years like Barnsley did we will have a chance to build the fan base. I remember when Barnsley had no better gates than us in the 60s and 70s. We also have the dee dars still nicking our support and while they are still doing relatively well it doesn't help our support. But 14 or 15000 millers at Wembley will do and at least we will not be outnumbered by Shrews fans like we would have been if we had played Charlton, portsmouth or Plymouth. When TS has to increase the capacity of NYS we will know that our fan base is building but i think that will mean we will have to stay in the champ for a good number of years in order to achieve that.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 24-05-2018 at 11:14 AM.

Finally worked out that the complaint button is the exclamation mark icon at the bottom left of each post. I've just filled in the report to try to get that idiot "Farhad" removed from the site. Suggest others do the same

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Finally worked out that the complaint button is the exclamation mark icon at the bottom left of each post. I've just filled in the report to try to get that idiot "Farhad" removed from the site. Suggest others do the same
    Well if he's winding you up maybe he's not all bad!

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    A lot of good points there silly. I think we still need to build our fan base a couple of seasons in the Championship aint enough to do that. If we can get up and try to stick there for a few years like Barnsley did we will have a chance to build the fan base. I remember when Barnsley had no better gates than us in the 60s and 70s. We also have the dee dars still nicking our support and while they are still doing relatively well it doesn't help our support. But 14 or 15000 millers at Wembley will do and at least we will not be outnumbered by Shrews fans like we would have been if we had played Charlton, portsmouth or Plymouth. When TS has to increase the capacity of NYS we will know that our fan base is building but i think that will mean we will have to stay in the champ for a good number of years.
    That’s Probably the case mate but it’s not just staying in championship that’s going to increase fan base we have to be better than Sheffield teams and that will take some doing to finish higher than them.

Reason I say we will have to finish higher is simple look at Cardiff and Swansea for example 2 welsh teams yet the crowd fluctuates depending on who’s doing better. It’s a known fact that kids will tend to pick the best club in area growing up and carry it into adulthood.

It’s not impossible to do we just have to aim high but in realistic terms 10th in championship will increase fan base dramatically

When I was at school who we supported changed like this Man U Leeds Sheffield W (me however back then only watched World Cup)

But from logic of the guys I’d imagine it be like this

Man U are triple winners best team ya da ya da but can’t ever get ticket never mind get there on my bike
    Leeds are a prem team who are good but hold on Leeds is still far away
    Shef w are in prem too hmm my dad says my uncle will take me

As far as I know there’s only 2 ways to make a fan
    First is brainwashing young uns take kids to games every week until they can’t see any club but rotherham as theirs.
    Second get people excited about the club unfortunately the only way people get exited about a club is when something was worth bragging about

You do get odd one with reasons like it’s local or I like the smaller crowd but not often.

Anyway that’s just me babbling

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Well if he's winding you up maybe he's not all bad!
    I'm sure you find him hilarious

They share similar political and philosophical standpoints

Was the online ticket only sales a problem.

Been speaking to a few of older generation and they can't use the internet but said if they could've gone to New York Stadium or 'Pay on the day...would have gone

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast