Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Millers following...

Millers following...

Will this be our lowest following for a Wembley game...

Quote Originally Posted by Gino2 View Post
    Will this be our lowest following for a Wembley game...
    Not looking too good mate. I'm assuming you will be there? Might see you for a pint before the game.

looking like it

Don't think the method of ticket purchase has helped.
    Still end of the day no of fans doesn't win the game

That's true but how can we lose 5 thousand fans in a few years after 1 bad season. Last time we went we had to order online so I don't get the problem. Imo it's pretty poor show from our fans if we only take 15 thousand.

Quote Originally Posted by dantpen View Post
    Not looking too good mate. I'm assuming you will be there? Might see you for a pint before the game.
    I'll be there Dan...

Itís an expensive day out. If youíve got a couple of kids and the wife also wants to go it makes it very expensive. Some people just canít afford it.

No update today as yet. Shrewsbury still around 10k . Whats the lowest attendance for a lg 1 final .This could be it .

Quote Originally Posted by crookadile View Post
    Itís an expensive day out. If youíve got a couple of kids and the wife also wants to go it makes it very expensive. Some people just canít afford it.
    I understand that but it was a expensive day out 4 years ago. Yes there's been a increase in price but that's inflation sadley.

I always thought it would be harder to shift tickets this time.

Last time we still had the buzz of the new stadium and the prospect of back to back promotions.
    For some people it's probably a once in a lifetime thing and that box has already been ticked.

I'm disappointed that the event has not been marketed better. Although the commercial side of the club has been transformed under TS we could do much more to get the town involved and make tickets easier to buy. Perhaps the fact that they only get 25% of net sales is the reason for the apparent lack of effort.

I thought 17,000. That's looking optimistic now.

Tbh I'm not as excited about this time around as I were in 2014. Not sure why as the goal is the same..
    Maybe it was the Evans rollercoaster effect. I guess if the rollercoaster goes around enough times even the die hard will eventually want to get off

This is our third trip in 8 years to the new Wembley so perhaps the novelty of play offs and the venue have worn off
    Also the transport and tickets ain't cheap.

Shrews were there a couple of months ago

It's expensive and people have already visited in 2010 and 2014, and many won't have been that impressed.

Those numbers it could have been held at a stadium between Rotherham and Shrewsbury like Pride Park or Stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    It's expensive and people have already visited in 2010 and 2014, and many won't have been that impressed.
    Wots the point in supporting a team like Rotherham or Shrewsbury if you don't get excited or find a way to go to your nation stadium and hopefully see them achieve the impossible ( well I never thought it was possible to get in the championship 3 times in that many years). For teams like us these are the occasions we should all get to as they may not come round every few years soon.

It makes you wonder whether it is the right place to be holding a final of this size there. Ok they don't know who will be there at the end of the season so that's the justification.

Would a home and return legged final be better?

Could they not chose a location between the two teams like they used to for the semi finals of the FA Cup.

Let us face it the only reason it is held at Wembley is to pay for it.

Who does pay for the match to be staged there? Who pays for the stewards, the ground staff and the policing? What is the profit that a club can hope for at a stadium of that size when it is less than a third full?

Don't get me wrong I have loved all three visits and would be there under other circumstances but is it finacially viable when a shorter trip to Manchester would suit both clubs in either stadium. That would be a sell out I think.

Totally agree Frog...I'd rather have it at Villa Park...

I know FA Cup semi-finals are moving from Wembley when its sold so why can't the play-offs.

Either of the Manchester stadiums would have been suitable.

It used to be special getting to wembley. Not any more.. if a little team like Rotherham can do it 3 times in the last 8 years and Shrewsbury even more times then it takes the shine off it..
    I can see why wembley is attractive for players as most of our squad have not played there before though it does seem a bit of a old-fashioned way in modern times.

Lets not spit dummy out yet itís only Wednesday Iím sure people are still trying to get travel hotels or time off work.

If I was to guess Iíd say after today we will sell maybe 500-700 tickets a day so Iíd say 17,000 to 18,000

Quote Originally Posted by Gino2 View Post
    Totally agree Frog...I'd rather have it at Villa Park...
    Good call Gino.
    It would be a cracking atmosphere

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast