+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Millers following...

Be lucky if there's 30,000 there on Sunday. Shrewsbury don't really have any big local clubs around them who they can borrow fans off for the day. We do, but it looks like the Rotherham Blades and Owls fans who allegedly normally bulk up our Wembley support, aren't that fussed this time.
    It'll feel like we're back at Don Valley again

While I would take international friendlies and the Cup semis around the country I think the Play off final should stay at Wembley.

We are fortunate enough to have got there for the 3rd time in 8 years but other than that we would never have been to the new stadium.

The only other chance of getting there would be the final of the EFL Trophy and our last sniff of that was 22 years ago. A whole generation would never have seen Rotherham play at Wembley if they moved them to Villa Park or Manchester.

If the game had been at Villa park, Manchester I'd would have gone, not a fan of Wembley, awful location

doesnt surprise me, I guessed 17,000 but that could be a big ask

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    I always thought it would be harder to shift tickets this time.

Last time we still had the buzz of the new stadium and the prospect of back to back promotions.
    For some people it's probably a once in a lifetime thing and that box has already been ticked.

I'm disappointed that the event has not been marketed better. Although the commercial side of the club has been transformed under TS we could do much more to get the town involved and make tickets easier to buy. Perhaps the fact that they only get 25% of net sales is the reason for the apparent lack of effort.

I thought 17,000. That's looking optimistic now.
    Was going to post the exact same thing. I think people are cautious of going back in the Championship too after the shambolic performance last season. Going to Wembley on the back of a promotion vs on the back of a relegation will put some people off, theres not as much of a buzz.

It is payday on Friday though maybe we'll see a last minute surge then? I know a few people who are waiting til payday to get the ticket. Strangely enough I also know a fair amount of people that are on holiday too, it wasn't looking like we were going to finish in the play-offs nevermind get to Wembley just before Christmas so a fair few people have booked a holiday when they otherwise might have held off if we were up there then

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Sooner the better you moron
    You should be directing that anger towards the hundreds of people abusing their way across your town rather than some old Barnsley fella on the windup. Enjoy Wembley Millers, we’ll be seeing you next season anyway.

We get all the decent Barnsley fans like Animal and Acido on here then we have an idiot like you who let your good fans down. We have enough idiots of our own without any extra ones from other clubs thanks.

I'm going..but it really should be Villa park or Etihad etc..
    If people are so desperate to go to Wembley then go to an England game.
    Also whilst we are on the subject of Wembley the semi-final games of F.A.Cup .
    The cup has lost its magic.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    We get all the decent Barnsley fans like Animal and Acido on here then we have an idiot like you who let your good fans down. We have enough idiots of our own without any extra ones from other clubs thanks.
    Roly, hes no more a Barnsley fan than a lemon, hes just a d1ck

Quote Originally Posted by vespabri View Post
    I'm going..but it really should be Villa park or Etihad etc..
    If people are so desperate to go to Wembley then go to an England game.
    Also whilst we are on the subject of Wembley the semi-final games of F.A.Cup .
    The cup has lost its magic.
    I’ve no interest in watching England. I want to watch Rotherham at Wembley and they’ve not been to the new one in anything else other than the Play Offs.

Anyone under 25 ish would never have seen Rotherham at Wembley if they were played at Villa Park. But been there twice in 2 years in cup and league games.

Quote Originally Posted by Donmiller View Post
    Was going to post the exact same thing. I think people are cautious of going back in the Championship too after the shambolic performance last season. Going to Wembley on the back of a promotion vs on the back of a relegation will put some people off, theres not as much of a buzz.
    You may be right Don but blows my mind that people would support the Millers but not want to take part in a rare chance of glory. Understand the costs though but for me, promotions are what we're aiming for, ain't that the point?!?!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast