+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My thoughts on retained list...

My thoughts on retained list...

Players kept.

Lewis Alessandra - agree with this. useful player, has potential to be even better.
    Shaun Brisley - quality defender. solid.
    Terry Hawkridge - on balance, has done just enough to be kept. needs to improve.
    Elliott Hewitt - no probs here.
    Noor Husin - highly rated by the manager. needs to show more next season.
    Liam Noble - overrated pub player! what on earth do people see in this guy? would take milsom over him any day.
    Jon Stead - triggered contract. has another 10 goals in him at least. no probs.
    Matt Tootle - good solid defender. brings character to the dressing room. no probs.

Out of contract, offered new contract

Pierce Bird - can he force his way into 1st team? good for him if he does. can't be on much money.
    Richard Duffy - immense most of the time, prone to the odd howler. Falls over to much. wouldn't miss him.
    Ross Fitzsimons - hope he signs. quality keeper.
    Dan Jones - quality LB. out of all this group we need him to sign the most.
    Michael O'Connor - hope he signs. blighted by injury this season. should come back with fire in his belly.
    Branislav Pindroch - hope he signs. quality keeper.

Out of contract, released

Shola Ameobi - good ambassador for the club. just didn't score enough. missed some sitters.
    Adam Collin - shocking decision to let him go. quality keeper. STRANGE DECISION.
    Carl Dickinson - wont be missed.
    Mike Edwards - steady eddy. loyal servant to the club, hope he stays as a coach.
    Jonathan Forte - I would have given him until xmas to see if he carries his form over to the new season.
    Elliot Hodge - ciao.
    Nicky Hunt - deadwood.
    Rob Milsom - should have been kept on. must be fuming noble has took his place.
    Callum Saunders - deadwood.
    Alan Smith - waste of space.
    Curtis Thompson - deadwood.

So, overall i'm 90% happy with this list. With Hardy stating he aims to bring in quality over quantity I expect some good signings. we shall see.

Are you special ? why do you need a separate thread cluttering up the board when a perfectly good one is running ? be more tidy !!

“Branislav Pindroch - hope he signs. quality keeper”

Based on what ?

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY View Post

Based on what ?
    His pre match warm up is fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY View Post

Based on what ?
    And he keeps himself well hydrated in games.

Sorry, but someone actually once praised Kasper for doing exactly that!

The thing about the first list of players kept, is that we didn't have any choice. No decision was made about Hawkridge, for example, as he's on a two year deal. Only Tootle has a new contract.

Quote Originally Posted by meadowlane1 View Post
    Players kept.

Lewis Alessandra - agree with this. useful player, has potential to be even better.
    Shaun Brisley - quality defender. solid.
    Terry Hawkridge - on balance, has done just enough to be kept. needs to improve.
    Elliott Hewitt - no probs here.
    Noor Husin - highly rated by the manager. needs to show more next season.
    Liam Noble - overrated pub player! what on earth do people see in this guy? would take milsom over him any day.
    Jon Stead - triggered contract. has another 10 goals in him at least. no probs.
    Matt Tootle - good solid defender. brings character to the dressing room. no probs.

Out of contract, offered new contract

Pierce Bird - can he force his way into 1st team? good for him if he does. can't be on much money.
    Richard Duffy - immense most of the time, prone to the odd howler. Falls over to much. wouldn't miss him.
    Ross Fitzsimons - hope he signs. quality keeper.
    Dan Jones - quality LB. out of all this group we need him to sign the most.
    Michael O'Connor - hope he signs. blighted by injury this season. should come back with fire in his belly.
    Branislav Pindroch - hope he signs. quality keeper.

Out of contract, released

Shola Ameobi - good ambassador for the club. just didn't score enough. missed some sitters.
    Adam Collin - shocking decision to let him go. quality keeper. STRANGE DECISION.
    Carl Dickinson - wont be missed.
    Mike Edwards - steady eddy. loyal servant to the club, hope he stays as a coach.
    Jonathan Forte - I would have given him until xmas to see if he carries his form over to the new season.
    Elliot Hodge - ciao.
    Nicky Hunt - deadwood.
    Rob Milsom - should have been kept on. must be fuming noble has took his place.
    Callum Saunders - deadwood.
    Alan Smith - waste of space.
    Curtis Thompson - deadwood.

So, overall i'm 90% happy with this list. With Hardy stating he aims to bring in quality over quantity I expect some good signings. we shall see.
    Spot on....couldn't agree more with any of these comments!!!...apart from Collin who i think looked very tired in the play-offs!
    Good shout with keeping Forte until at least the next transfer window....i still rate the guy,especially at this level!

Quote Originally Posted by for*sttown63 View Post
    Good shout with keeping Forte until at least the next transfer window....i still rate the guy,especially at this level!

Jon Forte is 31 years old, at this stage of his career, what makes you think he would sign a six month contract? Perhaps he was released because he wouldn't. We'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Are you special ? why do you need a separate thread cluttering up the board when a perfectly good one is running ? be more tidy !!
    Yep he must be special, next he will be popping up S.S.N. as one of them Pundit Chappies sharing his profound knowledge

Hawkridge another Adam Campbell, contributes very little.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast