+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Same team different ethos?

The question is Andy, if he (or she - who knows!) can make them click for a whole season? I don't believe this group have the desire to do so.

Either way, I don't feel positive at the moment, I'm not sure our squad is that much better than 10 years ago with Jewell in charge (can't believe there is a generation of fans now that have only B Davies promotion as a success). I'm not alone in my disheartenment, you only have to look at our attendances this last year or so to see others loosing hope. The new manager, will have to inspire fans as well as players, a tough job ahead.

Only saving grace, is that it is still better than Forest!

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    The question is Andy, if he (or she - who knows!) can make them click for a whole season? I don't believe this group have the desire to do so.

Either way, I don't feel positive at the moment, I'm not sure our squad is that much better than 10 years ago with Jewell in charge (can't believe there is a generation of fans now that have only B Davies promotion as a success). I'm not alone in my disheartenment, you only have to look at our attendances this last year or so to see others loosing hope. The new manager, will have to inspire fans as well as players, a tough job ahead.

Only saving grace, is that it is still better than Forest!
    ‘He or she’, Adi? We may have to say that about politicians and business leaders etc...but the one thing I think we can be sure of is that the next manager of DCFC will be a bloke.
    Maybe that’s where we’re going wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    Top 6 was a freak Wolves team, Cardiff who Warnock managed to get over performing as he has he

has done with several other sides, Fulham who were a revelation second half of season, Villa who's expectations were higher than ours, Boro who we all knew Pullis would turn round and us. I'm not sure we could expect anymore from the players we had? 6th was a good effort over the course of a season. Cardiff aside and that Warnock effect the others were all better than us on paper and on grass.

It will be even harder next year.
    Manx Don't get talking sense mate it goes over the head of a few on here They think Derby are some kind of super club club who should walk the league every season Playoffs were the best we could hope for I was surprised we even made that Don't know what they will do next season if we're struggling to stay in

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)