+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: £50 note dilemma...

£50 note dilemma...

While going through a book on the Beatles that I hadn't read for years I came across a£50 note inside the pages,my joy was soon cut short when I realised that it was a old note that is out of circulation and can't even be exchanged at the bank unless you are passing the Bank of England,so here's my dilemma,what should I do with it,could be somehow of use to someone or should I just light a cigar with it as in the old movies?Name:  IMG_20180524_082420371.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  87.6 KB

I used to get paid in them notes before my salary went straight into the bank.
    Such a beautiful note.
    Unlike these new notes which are horrible.
    Took £300 quid out of the atm the other week for a day out and they all came out in new £10 pound notes and they was springing all over the place dam things.
    I thought your local branch that you bank with honoured the old notes.
    But i could be wrong.

According to Google banks won't exchange them,only the Bank of England,I'm not bothered about the loss as I didn't know that I had it,if it could be made useful elsewhere then I would be happy with that

You can post it to them Chalky..

banknotes by post

You can post withdrawn banknotes to us for exchange. They are sent at your own risk, so please make sure you take appropriate measures to insure against loss or theft.
    Please send your banknote(s), completed form and copies of ID to Department NEX, Bank of England, Threadneedle Street, London EC2R 8AH.
    We can either pay you direct to a bank account (normally within ten working days), by cheque or, if you live in the UK and your exchange is worth less than £50, in new banknotes. We will need you to provide us with a BIC/SWIFT Code and IBAN number to make a transfer to an overseas account.

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/bank...-old-banknotes

Thank you for the link Alf but you have to download the application form and I've only got a mobile so I will leave that option,if you could just exchange it in a bank i would be in the pub now so maybe it's just as well

Go to your local library and do it on their computers.. Won't take above ten minutes and they will print it off for you..

What about that charity that you are involved with Alf,could they somehow make use of it?

I actually thought you could still get £100 notes.
    But just checked and they became defunct in 1943.
    We learn something new every day lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    According to Google banks won't exchange them,only the Bank of England,I'm not bothered about the loss as I didn't know that I had it,if it could be made useful elsewhere then I would be happy with that

You can send it to me, I am sure I could find a good use for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky1966 View Post
    I actually thought you could still get £100 notes.
    But just checked and they became defunct in 1943.
    We learn something new every day lol.
    They still have them in Scotland, David Moyes has just bought a sackfull with his leaving present from WHUFC!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast