+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lindsay attracts Championship interest

Lindsay attracts Championship interest

an image

An unnamed Championship club are interested in signing Liam Lindsay from Barnsley this summer, according to a reliable football journalist.

Lindsay is attracting attention from a Championship side just one year after joining Barnsley from Partick Thistle.

The Jags – who were recently relegated from the Scottish Premiership – are not in line for a hefty windfall payment.

Lindsay was one of Barnsley’s standout performers in the Championship despite the club’s disappointing relegation to League One on the final day of the season.

There are a few players expected to leave Oakwell this summer with Andy Yiadom already signed for Reading and others like Stevie Mallan and Tom Bradshaw attracting interest early in the summer window.

Lindsay could be another player heading for the exit door after catching the eye with some impressive performances at centre-half for the Tykes this term.

The 22-year-old played 44 games in all competitions for Barnsley under both Paul Heckingbottom and Jose Morais, further adding to his burgeoning reputation as one of the finest young Scottish players in the game.

The 6ft 3in centre-back is tipped for a big future in the game and he has also been backed to become a Scotland international in the near future but he may have to move back to the Championship to realise his international dream.

Times are hard and friends are few , got to pay our way and balance the books .

£4m should at least give us another year in league one without the top tier of the east stand getting closed off or the academy shutting down .

Sell the geezer immediately !!!

Surely there's a few million still in the war chest and no need to sell any of our good players then again we will see what these clowns are made of

We shunt be buying, selling, retaining, releasing whilst there is no manager/HC to evva say.

Scape Goat Hair does not have the football knowledge/ experience of League One requirements to be mekkin these decisions.

I'd sell he's sh1te and has the heart of a pea. He's even more powder puff than Martin Cranie and Tom Kennedy put together and that's going some. A new manager can't complain about players that aren't here when he signs?

A lot on here were saying "We can't blame Jose, it's not his squad". Why not let the new manager/HC have a say this time ?

He's not as good as people seem to think, so I'm not particularly fussed! All I will say is why would we have to maintain our "sell, sell, sell" policy given that we have new owners who aren't short of a bob or two?

Quote Originally Posted by anstonred View Post
    He's not as good as people seem to think, so I'm not particularly fussed! All I will say is why would we have to maintain our "sell, sell, sell" policy given that we have new owners who aren't short of a bob or two?
    Because they aren't funding the club out of their personal wealth .

They are business people and not Barnsley fans .

The sell on clause for Alfie Mawson and the potential sale of Lindsay should make up for the loss of championship tv revenue plus fund at least 3 or 4 bargain basement additions .

By my very basic calculations this should see the books balanced , jobs protected , the academy remaining open and the club operating on the same level as per the season just ending .

This sale needs to happen in my opinion and with Jackson and Pearson along with Pinnock it's an area we are still pretty well equipped .