+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Hardy ready to pay

Talk of Championship is futile. Pointless conversation at this point as it’s a minimum of 2 years away and a LOT can change. As Notts fans we should know this.
    As for AH ‘splashing the cash’, I don’t think this is the case. I honestly think he earmarked the forth coming season as the one we will push for promotion, to the point he actually told us this, and as such put the wheels in motion to have the finances in place to support KN. Last season was beyond everyone’s expectations and I expect the finances are in a better than expected position as a result and this could be why further funds and possible transfer fees were available.
    I like what AH has done in the last 15 months or so at Notts and I trust in him 100% to keep Notts competitive and financially stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Talk of Championship is futile. Pointless conversation at this point as it’s a minimum of 2 years away and a LOT can change. As Notts fans we should know this.
    As for AH ‘splashing the cash’, I don’t think this is the case. I honestly think he earmarked the forth coming season as the one we will push for promotion, to the point he actually told us this, and as such put the wheels in motion to have the finances in place to support KN. Last season was beyond everyone’s expectations and I expect the finances are in a better than expected position as a result and this could be why further funds and possible transfer fees were available.
    I like what AH has done in the last 15 months or so at Notts and I trust in him 100% to keep Notts competitive and financially stable.
    I agree with this but it's a big ask to be 'competitive and financially stable' in any league, those that achieve it are outside the norm.

I also agree with Slack, we will never, assuming the Greek doesn't take Forest in to oblivion, have the pulling power through the gates, to compete even in the Championship.
    Last edited by Airborn Pie; 26-05-2018 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    So, Mr Hardy has a 5 year business plan, probably something he's picked up over the years as a successful businessman. The thing is 5 year business plans tend to change year on year, depending on the performance of the business.

Do you think it's now a 4 year plan? Do you think if things don't pan out Mr Hardy will walk away saying "It's not my fault, I had a 5 year plan, but they couldn't stick to it!"?

I'm with arnapie on this, you just like to have a dig at Mr Hardy.
    I'm having a dig at his naivity. He's like a kid with a new toy, and so was our last owner to start with. All he's doing his setting himself up for a fall 'cause Championship in 5, well 4 now, is just not likely to happen, there'll be neither the support (unless Florest implode) nor cash.

He's already said promotion this coming with consolidation in League 1 next. There's a load of other clubs wanting to do the same. You can't "business plan" a promotion like you can business plan a business growth. He can only put things in place and see what happens, and he already made a mess of the last January transfer window ("I promised a stronger squad at the end of it than at the beginning and believe I have delivered that").

So he's basically doing good things and making stupid statements in my book. At least his heart's in the right place and he hasn't yet shown RT's impatience.

Of course I want him to succeed, or rather I want to see Notts out of the bladdy basement and putting on a bit of a show but that doesn't change my views above.

I agree with many of your points Oldpie. However, you can have a business plan that affects promotion pushes. Generally speaking our revenue through season ticket and match day sales won’t alter much. So we or rather AH and his commercial team have to find other ways to increase revenue and I suspect most of the ‘5 year plan’ is around this.
    As for clubs getting to the Championship with smaller crowds, Burton and Yeovil Town spring to mind and I would argue that we have greater potential than both of these.

Splashing cash does not always work, Mansfield? although i do think if Evans had stayed they would have gone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I agree with many of your points Oldpie. However, you can have a business plan that affects promotion pushes. Generally speaking our revenue through season ticket and match day sales won’t alter much. So we or rather AH and his commercial team have to find other ways to increase revenue and I suspect most of the ‘5 year plan’ is around this.
    As for clubs getting to the Championship with smaller crowds, Burton and Yeovil Town spring to mind and I would argue that we have greater potential than both of these.
    Well he's certainly done a lot to promote the club and by the sounds of it to improve the facilities (that is his line of business after all). The impression is that where RT thought a coat of gloss was enough AH has done a complete refurbish. And the pitch looks marvellous - again where RT/Poundpie though re-seeding was a good move AH has taken what, 3' out and really relaid it.

Still early days in my book so let's see how things are in a couple of seasons time.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    AH has taken what, 3' out and really relaid it.
    3'? Are you sure?

3'? Are you sure?
    You're right, I got that wrong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6dBnBjNrws

25mm instead of the usual previous 6-8mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    You're right, I got that wrong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6dBnBjNrws

25mm instead of the usual previous 6-8mm.
    So they took out 1" not 3'.

So they took out 1" not 3'.
    Well for the fuss he was making it sounded more like 3m.

I've admitted my error, what do you want, blood!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast