+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardy ready to pay

Hardy ready to pay

Last edited by thelanelady; 24-05-2018 at 01:05 PM.

No choice really, good strikers who score 20+ a season rarely come on a free. We got super lucky that Hughes and Sheridan had a punch up I think in the munto season

Why does he insist on making statements like this. It's great for us as fans to know he's prepared to invest in success but it now just means any potential targets will be looking to make hay while the sun shines. Just not sure how astute it is to be making these public statements rather keeping your cards close to your chest?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Why does he insist on making statements like this. It's great for us as fans to know he's prepared to invest in success but it now just means any potential targets will be looking to make hay while the sun shines. Just not sure how astute it is to be making these public statements rather keeping your cards close to your chest?
    Fair point but, to play Devil's Advocate, maybe he is actually putting a signal out there to those about to sign elsewhere to first check what's on offer at Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by thelanelady View Post
    for a stiker
    I hope the missing letter isn't 'n'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeekay56 View Post
    I hope the missing letter isn't 'n'.
    Or a 'c'.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Fair point but, to play Devil's Advocate, maybe he is actually putting a signal out there to those about to sign elsewhere to first check what's on offer at Notts.
    Yeah I did think that but we are talking about footballers and their agents, lets hope it works out for the better and we are all celebrating a 50 goal strike partnership this time next year!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Yeah I did think that but we are talking about footballers and their agents, lets hope it works out for the better and we are all celebrating a 50 goal strike partnership this time next year!
    Lawton and Sewell. Worth a look?

I'm just a bit too young to have ever seen those guys play, and it hurts.

Perhaps Mr Hardy has one eye on season ticket sales for 2018/19!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast