+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hardy ready to pay

So he’s found the cheque book that he lost in January ? I will believe it when I see it to be honest.
    We have had a lot of false promises already in his short ownership of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by HAPPYMAGPIEHAPPY View Post
    So he’s found the cheque book that he lost in January ? I will believe it when I see it to be honest.
    Gordon H. flipping Bennett. Give over. I strongly suspect someone may be looking for darkness where there isn't any. Why on Earth did you choose that username? First time in donkeys' years it could be applied to anyone following Notts after all!
    Last edited by SwalePie; 24-05-2018 at 02:23 PM.

Bogle was in his way until Cardiff sent him to Peterborough instead. Not much Hardy can do with that one

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    Perhaps Mr Hardy has one eye on season ticket sales for 2018/19!
    or maybe he is sick of people saying we dont have a pot to pi55 in, have no money and no ambition?

Like this! He says it, folk dont believe him, he doesnt spend, folk get on his back.

Happy, why don't you chuck a few 100k at the club to buy a striker?

Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post
    or maybe he is sick of people saying we dont have a pot to pi55 in, have no money and no ambition?
    Yep. I frequently see people on here saying we 'have no money' or a player is 'out of our price range'. Who, other than Alan, his board, bankers and accountants actually has any real clue what is available or in his budget?

Whilst there is a sensible amount to pay, and certainly not 500k as mentioned for Godden, the doom-mongers will all collectively tell you we are destined to sign unheard of kids or old journeymen, as we have no money.

This show of intent in a statement about being willing to spend has already led to complaints about why he didnt do it in January and therefore disbelief it will happen this summer.

Id prefer smart recruitment over money spent, or big names just to appease these doom-mongers.

Either way, Hardy will be wrong in someones eyes.

Let those that know, cut the cloth

Whilst there is a sensible amount to pay, and certainly not 500k as mentioned for Godden, the doom-mongers will all collectively tell you we are destined to sign unheard of kids or old journeymen, as we have no money.

This show of intent in a statement about being willing to spend has already led to complaints about why he didnt do it in January and therefore disbelief it will happen this summer.

Id prefer smart recruitment over money spent, or big names just to appease these doom-mongers.

Either way, Hardy will be wrong in someones eyes.

Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Yep. I frequently see people on here saying we 'have no money' or a player is 'out of our price range'. Who, other than Alan, his board, bankers and accountants actually has any real clue what is available or in his budget?
    You've got it right there, SwalePie. I often wonder why people, without any idea at all, assume we can't afford this, it costs too much, Notts are skint, we must save on wages, etc. Has Alan hardy said he's skint? How does anyone know he is/isn't skint? He's not going to tell us, is he? He's happy enough giving away free T-shirts and tickets for schoolkids, improving the Hayden Green stand for families, buying a whole new grass playing surface, investing in a training pitch and now he's re-introducing the Ladies Magpies team - are they the actions of a man down to his last few quid?

Just because he isn't emulating a Chinese billionaire, buying any international that catches his eye, it does not mean he isn't interested in splashing the cash if the right man came along.

I was as vociferous as anyone in my disappointment in the lack of action in January, but maybe AH and KN have learnt from that and now we MAY see some financial fun.

That's a new one on me, is it one of your own?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast