+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Hardy ready to pay

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Is that what he said? I thought he said he couldn't take us further ie Premiership and that he could only fund us to the Championship. By that I assume on a 5yr plan he's prepared to take a hit of £1.5m-£2m/yr ie up to £10m in total.

Isn't the Championship with decent gates (for us) supposed to be sustainable providing you don't chase the Holy Grail as our illustrious nearby neighbours attempt unsuccessfully?
    Yes, you're probably right, upon refraction I think that is what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Yes, you're probably right, upon refraction I think that is what he said.
    You've seen the light then......

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Again, how do you know we don’t have any money? This bullish!t goes on and on. Just because AH said he wouldn’t be able to fund us on his own in the Championship it doesn’t mean he can’t do it in League 2 now.
    remind me to add (sarcasm) for your benefit next time, or I need to improve it!

Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post
    Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    You're correct. He siad we could go as far as being in the Championship but to take the step up the the Prem would need someone with deeper pockets.
    I seriously doubt AH could fund us to get out of L1. It's not as easy as it was to jump up two divisions these days. Look at the teams around the top of L1 - some of them must have massive wage bills. It would take some serious investment to get us anywhere near that level. If somehow we did make it to the championship, we'd get absolutely hammered up there. I mean look at Forest - their wage bill must be insane, but it's only enough to finish bottom half. No way we could compete up there.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I seriously doubt AH could fund us to get out of L1. It's not as easy as it was to jump up two divisions these days. Look at the teams around the top of L1 - some of them must have massive wage bills. It would take some serious investment to get us anywhere near that level. If somehow we did make it to the championship, we'd get absolutely hammered up there. I mean look at Forest - their wage bill must be insane, but it's only enough to finish bottom half. No way we could compete up there.
    But ... but .. he's got a 5 year business plan and a manager suitable in future for the England job - oh yes, I get your point.

But ... but .. he's got a 5 year business plan and a manager suitable in future for the England job - oh yes, I get your point.
    Never pass up a chance to have a go at Hardy do you? Your name isn't Barry by any chance? Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Has Shrewsbury got a much larger budget than us? I'd imagine we could compete with them financially and they were third by some significant margin

So, Mr Hardy has a 5 year business plan, probably something he's picked up over the years as a successful businessman. The thing is 5 year business plans tend to change year on year, depending on the performance of the business.

Do you think it's now a 4 year plan? Do you think if things don't pan out Mr Hardy will walk away saying "It's not my fault, I had a 5 year plan, but they couldn't stick to it!"?

I'm with arnapie on this, you just like to have a dig at Mr Hardy.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast