+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Eng v Pak

OT Eng v Pak

England won the toss, elected to bat, all out 184, same old same old though Pakistan have bowled very well.

Their captain said he would not have batted if he'd won the toss.

Pak have just lost their first wicket for 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    England won the toss, elected to bat, all out 184, same old same old though Pakistan have bowled very well.

Usual pathetic middle order collapse.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Usual pathetic middle order collapse.
    Top of the order ( apart from Cook) didn't do to well either.

Pak have just lost their first wicket for 12.
    I'm surprised England elected to bat with so much grass on the pitch. No one likes grass on a pitch. Even if the groundsman makes it so obvious . But then again, do I really give care what the Lords ground staff do.

Last 5 wickets lost for 15 runs in about 20 minutes, are we blaming white ball cricket for our demise on the test match scene?

Even after such an embarrassing collapse, there's no passion or anger evident from the England players in the field. it just looks as if they accept it as routine, which sadly these days it is.

On the very rare occasions the Aussie team featuring the likes of Steve Waugh or Shane Warne a performed badly a few yeas ago, you could see them bristling and scowling at each other and opposition, wanting to forcibly change the course of the game and get revenge. Our players show absolutely nothing. Flat effect. Some of them even appear to be sharing little jokes. What is there to smile about?

Last 5 wickets lost for 15 runs in about 20 minutes, are we blaming white ball cricket for our demise on the test match scene?
    Grass on the pitch . Petty obvious to me .

Piss poor yet again from England! Poor shot selection and some of those wickets were thrown away. There should be some harsh words somewhere. Does my head in, other teams never look like giving it away, we look like it’s just a matter of time tbf

Quote Originally Posted by Coventry_fan View Post
    Piss poor yet again from England! Poor shot selection and some of those wickets were thrown away. There should be some harsh words somewhere. Does my head in, other teams never look like giving it away, we look like it’s just a matter of time tbf
    We would be 320 for 6 if EFL umpires been appointed .

It’s one of those periods where we simply don’t have the players. We are very good at white ball cricket but becoming increasingly detached from the best Test nations.
    People often moan as to why we don’t have 90mph plus bowlers yet County cricket in the main is played in April n May and then September, so all you need to be able to do is get the ball to swing or seam, being rapid is pointless.
    As for batting, again, many moan about our top 5, Root aside, but there is zero batters smashing down the door, again, playing on seaming tracks where most teams have been blown away. Take Notts, not looked recently, but they are top 2 and had one score of 300plus. County cricket is utter tripe.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast