+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Summer cricket thread

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    That's as good a hiding as we gave the pigs in their own back yard last season
    And I bet it cost a lot less to police than at the Rustbucket

Take that you red rose loser Basterds

That's as good a hiding as we gave the pigs in their own back yard last season

They've not beaten us in proper cricket since 2011.

Had a laugh yesterday when one of them had a go at us, shouting to us, " I wouldn't have expected you lot to have to bring in outsiders" as Poysden ( loaned for a trial) bowled to Buttler.

I couldn't believe he could be so stupid ( well I could ) as I asked where Buttler was from and reminded him of their better players over the years starting with Clive LLoyd,. Farokh Engineer and through to Chanderpaul.

He said " well we're above you lot in the table" and scuttled off.

Not this morning you're not and we have agame in hand!

You're right bully, very piggy like

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    ROOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best ever 1st class bowling figures of 7.4 overs, 5 maidens. 4 wkts, 5 runs for Joe.

White Rose supremacy rules as we go above lacklustre Lancy.

Job done, on to the next one.
    Terrific result,especially given the start to the game.Very well done Our Joe, tek some beatin them bowlin figures TT wont they? UTCB

I think we can safely say they will remain as his best career bowling figures Rod....... unless he decides to concentrate on his bowling instead of being a part timer.

It was getting tense on Monday night as Buttler & Bailey prospered. Stroke of luck or masterstroke by Patterson giving Joe the ball? He was proved right to keep him on the next morning as we wrapped it up early doors.

I bet Joe's best ever bowling figures came about in front of the smallest crowd he has played in front of for years.

Yorkshire or not it's sending the wrong message out picking rashid for the test should have left him out of the squad

Yorkshire or not it's sending the wrong message out picking rashid for the test should have left him out of the squad
    It's bloody ridiculous Bully.Makes a mockery of the county game which, to be fair, the ECB do continually, then moan when we don't haave good enough test players and blame the counties.

Yorkshire have put up with his tantrums and lack of commitment for far too long. We've let him play white ball only and now, being picked for the tests, he'll not be available for the end of the T20 so we've been shat upon all round.

I personally think he's a lazy bastald with little bottle and no commitment.

Should have ended his contract when he was too 'tired' to play at Lords in the title decider.. Work shy tosser for me- and his record in red ball cricket is nowt spectacular, he goes for more runs per wicket than his batting average.

I think India will target him and he'll be dropped so then can skulk off to Worcestershire to play with his mate Moeen who, if Rashid had the brains to think it through, won't be there because he'll be playing for England.

Imagine the dresising room " Hello , I'm Joe Root England captain. When I'm allowed to I play for my county, Yorkshire, what do you do?"

I see Liam Plunkett's leavin for Surrey next season,signed a 3year deal.UTCB

Yes Rod, they can pay him for the multiple injuries and niggles he always seems to have when returning from England duty. A 3 year contract is a couple of years too long.

Came to Yorks, got his off field issues sorted, developed his game and produced a few good performances but, as we all know, 1 in 10 is just not good enough. .

Like a few others, when they get a central contract with England, they seem to forget who helped them get to that stage.

To sum up, decent player when fit but not fit often enough.

Yorks need to look to the future, Fisher ( before England take him and also injury prone), Ben Coad, Matthew Waite will get more opportunity to develop.

Chuffin hell England are mekin a r8 borlicks of the 2nd innings,Stokes gone nar in't same over as Jonny gets out.86-6 at lunch,pathetic.UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 03-08-2018 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Chuffin hell England are mekin a r8 borlicks of the 2nd innings,Stokes gone nar in't same over as Jonny gets out.86-6 at lunch,pathetic.UTCB
    Totally agree,at least Joe will be able to get to Bramall Lane tomorrow after this shambles

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast