+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer cricket thread

I'll be watching the highlights later but I do know the score safe to say it's a batters wicket

Yorks 20-2 v Es*** in't One day cup.UTCB

What a spirited, full of bottle,committed performance from the boys

5 players away with England, Pujara back with India and the whole team step up to the plate magnificently.

20 odd run win with kids holding their nerve against the Cockney big mouths.

Also, no 370 v 370 game but proper cricket with a good battle between bat and ball.

That is an outstanding away victory,especially like you sayTT,seeing as we were deprived of so many players

Well done boys

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    That is an outstanding away victory,especially like you sayTT,seeing as we were deprived of so many players

Well done boys
    I agree it was a terrific win,i listened to the last 90 mins,Pattison bowled well 4-30 odd.Balance and Leaning set up the win wi a gr8 stand,it looked dodgy at 40 0dd for 4 dint it? UTCB

2 wins in 2 days for Yorkshire as the part time lads saw off Australia on the day before Thursday looking good

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I agree it was a terrific win,i listened to the last 90 mins,Pattison bowled well 4-30 odd.Balance and Leaning set up the win wi a gr8 stand,it looked dodgy at 40 0dd for 4 dint it? UTCB
    The TEAM, and it was just that, the whole team, battled their way through. It was a great watch but I'm a nervous watcher and my fingers are down to the shoulder and I'm typing this with my nose but the fielding was tigerish ( as was Es***'s in our innings) and the line.length and control of the seam bowlers superb.

There's an acronym on the White Rose forum,NLOP, Never Leave Out Patterson, and he certainly proved his worth with superb control . He'd have had a 5 for had Adam Lyth not shelled the easiest catch I've ever seen him drop.

Johnny bairstow on Sunday brunch now dint know he was scum utds books as a youngster

Yorks need 349 to beat Hampshire in't One dayer.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Yorks need 349 to beat Hampshire in't One dayer.UTCB
    Looked like they'd get nearer 400 at one time but they dragged it back at the end.

Tough task and thy've got Dle Steyn to open the bowling.

Fingers/legs/toes firmly crossed.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast