+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Summer cricket thread

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Dunt play the female card Monte,you're better than that lass. I've explained Cricket thread for Cricket views.UTCB
    ooo go on Rod - I can play the girlie card now and then can't I?? ..........anyway - Francesca is Francesco and he's Italian

194-6 Buttler gone, i think Yorkshire's gor a gr8 chance of winnin,only need 3 more wickets.UTCB
    Could have wrapped it up today at 111-5...

Been today, another roller coaster 21-3 then Jonny B took over and looked certain for his century but played a loose shot. Patto made sure the tail wagged and left Lancy with a target of 323.

All day wickets fell in bursts and they looked comfotable at 54-0 which changed to 54-1 and then we got them to 111- 5 but, from both sides, it was never straightforward. Buttler was VERY fortunate not to be given out LBW on 20 odd and, if he had been, we would have wrapped it up this evening.

As it was they had their best partnership of the match. It was a gruelling last session of 48 overs in sticky, muggy conditions and the many Yorkies present were starting to fret when the Golden boy made his best contribution of the match. Buttler played a loose sweep which went to Williamson at leg slip.

Cue Buttler head in hands and the rest chasing Joe around the square.

A long hot, sticky day that should conclude with a Yorks win tomorrow but this game has had so many twists and turns that I, for one, will be glad to see the last 3 wickets fall.

Who says cricket is boring eh

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Who says cricket is boring eh
    It's thee that's borin not Cricket Bully. It's been a fantastic game, i've listenend to some of it on't radio and talk abart swings and roundabouts.UTCB

It's thee that's borin not Cricket Bully. It's been a fantastic game, i've listenend to some of it on't radio and talk abart swings and roundabouts.UTCB
    Swings and roundabouts, thought you said it was a cricket thread Rodders, sounds more like a funfair to me.....and Yes Ronnie, G and Froomy to get one and two...not sure in which order though ?

Quote Originally Posted by redalwaysablade View Post
    Swings and roundabouts, thought you said it was a cricket thread Rodders, sounds more like a funfair to me.....and Yes Ronnie, G and Froomy to get one and two...not sure in which order though ?
    Dunt ger as lairy as some of the others on here Redders,i think the sun's got to em tha knows wi the obvious exception of BlockmodBenny he's always a complete loon. I think i'd sooner read abart Brexit than the French borefest.Has tha been introduced to WAGGY yet? UTCB

Dunt ger as lairy as some of the others on here Redders,i think the sun's got to em tha knows wi the obvious exception of BlockmodBenny he's always a complete loon. I think i'd sooner read abart Brexit than the French borefest.Has tha been introduced to WAGGY yet? UTCB
    Just been on me holibobs Rodders, not back in the groove yet, all that washin' to do.........

ROOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best ever 1st class bowling figures of 7.4 overs, 5 maidens. 4 wkts, 5 runs for Joe.

White Rose supremacy rules as we go above lacklustre Lancy.

Job done, on to the next one.

That's as good a hiding as we gave the pigs in their own back yard last season

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast