+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: O/T the cricket thread

When I see us struggling to get 200 in a test, I wonder why they don't go out and try and belt the ball from the start. It would be interesting to see how the fielding team reacted.

Quote Originally Posted by Booksnews View Post
    Yes but this Scotland victory was a lot easier!
    You can watch Cricket Matches Highlights at https://sportshighlights.us/category...et-highlights/
    I truly love the match doesn't matter that it was easier or not for Scotland.

England/India, what a game!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    England/India, what a game!
    Indeed Andy...but you have to question the selectors. Under different circumstances the two stand out performers, Ali and Curran wouldn’t have been playing!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Indeed Andy...but you have to question the selectors. Under different circumstances the two stand out performers, Ali and Curran wouldn’t have been playing!
    Don't try to snatch defeat from victory RA, you'll be calling for a replay next

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Don't try to snatch defeat from victory RA, you'll be calling for a replay next
    Lol...sorry, didn’t mean to pour cold water on it but there are some serious questions to be asked of the selectors.
    The droppings of Curran and Ali have, imo, been ridiculous and questions have to be asked about Root as captain. He used to look as if he was enjoying every minute, was one of the best batsmen in the World and one of the best slip fielders too. He seems to have lost all that and isn’t a great captain either.
    Playing Bairstow with a broken finger was also daft. I’m a great admirer of JB but you can’t bat against the sort of pace the Indians have with a broken finger and he proved it.
    So...to be clear...delighted they’ve beaten a very talented if slightly ‘fragile’ Indian side but we need a captain (Buttler, Ali or Morgan?), a top three in the batting order and I reckon the dynamic duo, Broad and the wonderful Anderson, have maybe only one more home series left in them. Big shoes to fill.

Cook calls it a day after next Test!! Top servant for many years but all things come to an end.
    Well done Alistair, great career, right time to bring the curtain down!!
    God knows who will replace you, it seems that the short game has left us devoid of potential Test openers! Might get me pads out!!!

As I am going on third day to Oval, I may yet get to see Cook's last career caught in the slips for 18. or his 6th career double hundred. Who knows. Or maybe now the series has been won he will be dropped to bring in his successor, whoever that is. Now that would be funny.

Successor? Hmmm we haven't got one decent opener, let alone two. Rory Burns and Jason Roy, perhaps, or am I being to Surreycentric? Ah no, Joe Root - he doesnt want to play at 3 so he can open again!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    As I am going on third day to Oval, I may yet get to see Cook's last career caught in the slips for 18. or his 6th career double hundred. Who knows. Or maybe now the series has been won he will be dropped to bring in his successor, whoever that is. Now that would be funny.

Successor? Hmmm we haven't got one decent opener, let alone two. Rory Burns and Jason Roy, perhaps, or am I being to Surreycentric? Ah no, Joe Root - he doesnt want to play at 3 so he can open again!!
    Tbh Geoff...anyone of out top five batsmen might as well have been opening this series. None of the openers we’ve tried have hung around long enough to come close to seeing off the new ball and it’s a long time since Cook offered the right calming example imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Tbh Geoff...anyone of out top five batsmen might as well have been opening this series. None of the openers we’ve tried have hung around long enough to come close to seeing off the new ball and it’s a long time since Cook offered the right calming example imo.
    What would frank do? Frank would reason that we've chopped and changed the opening four so often since Strauss retired, every change has been same sh*t different bucket, and yet somehow, we are number 1 test nation. SO, pick the four MOST LIKELY to succeed and commit 100% to keeping that four for a whole series come what may. If they grow into their roles great, we're in clover, if they don't, hey ho lets rely on the middle order and still scrape through. Chopping and changing will NEVER work.

Thanks Frank

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)