+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T the cricket thread

O/T the cricket thread

Anyone got a view on today’s effort against Pakistan? I’m 1000 miles away and my efforts to get any update beyond the score have failed. I assume the usual middle order collapse?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Anyone got a view on today’s effort against Pakistan? I’m 1000 miles away and my efforts to get any update beyond the score have failed. I assume the usual middle order collapse?
    Not great Andy...only Cook, Stokes and Bairstow looked anything like the part. Won the toss and batted when almost everyone would have bowled. Expected four or five Pakistani wickets down by close but it wasn’t to be. Hope for better tomorrow.

Typical England performance...... crap!!
    And don't give me any bull**** about Cook, Stokes and Bairstow.... when you get in you ducking stay in and build a large score. But no, all our lot nowadays think anything in double figures is a score, well it ducking aint.
    Withhold the whole teams match fee for cheating the fans!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Typical England performance...... crap!!
    And don't give me any bull**** about Cook, Stokes and Bairstow.... when you get in you ducking stay in and build a large score. But no, all our lot nowadays think anything in double figures is a score, well it ducking aint.
    Withhold the whole teams match fee for cheating the fans!!
    You alright mac? Take it easy chap...I only said they were the ones who ‘looked anything like the part’.
    Tbf the Pakistani bowlers made the most of difficult batting conditions and I agree England seemed lacking in both application and concentration.
    Might look very different with a better start tomorrow. Couldn’t understand us batting and not playing Woakes though.

Nowt to do with what you said rA, it's the regularity of our inability to put a score together!! Yes, I know they play the short game a lot but, come on, they are playing at home on a wicket similar to what they've played on already this season (which has had strangely good weather early on), are supposedly our best players and get bloody well paid!! Yet the opposition pick 'English' type bowlers, bowl a good line and length and move it about a bit and off the seam. ****, they have faced that all their careers but then poo themselves when asked to grind out a score for their Country. We went on about that shower at PP having no bottle but this lot can't even piss in the bottle without missing! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

As an ex-cricketer with some silverware to my name(OK, 4 League and 3 Cup wins in 5 years in the South Derbyshire midweek 20 over thrash league late 70s, early 80s) as well as 3 years as a coach at a Dutch club who won League 4, 3 and 2 in consecutive seasons (League 1 is the 3rd level in Holland, I was replaced by a West Indies born Dutch International and the upwards rise stopped......) I was gobsmacked when we decided to bat having won the toss.

Difficult batting wicket so you BOWL!!!!

It aint rocket science.

Hasn’t got any better...out bowled, out fielded and out batted.
    Need to shape up tomorrow or this’ll be over by Sunday lunchtime.

Can't even play catch now!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Can't even play catch now!!
    Aye...you were right yesterday mac...embarrassing.

So, I guess we are coming second?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)