+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lampard?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Didn’t notice Rangers fans objecting to the appointment of Steven Gerrard.
    Would you like my cousin in law Stephen’s phone number?

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    I have to revert to 'my loyal opposition' role.
    I thought you folk only claimed Forest have too many managers?
    It’s true we’ve had too many Rom...but looking back at either the last ten years, or twenty five years ago to the consistency provided by Cox and Clough, think you’ll find you’ve had a great many more.

P.S. No thanks Andy.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 25-05-2018 at 03:18 PM.

It’s true we’ve had too many Rom...but looking back at either the last ten years, or twenty five years ago to the consistency provided by Cox and Clough, think you’ll find you’ve had a great many more.

P.S. No thanks Andy.
    Correct answer. It’s only through my family association with the ‘gers that I can understand the ‘second best in the area’ bitterness of the Forest fan, but Rangers fans do it in extremis

If its Lampard Im backing us to be relegated, there's no way that cockney rebel will get our club, doesn't know the culture and quite frankly is a celebrity nothing more

Mel Morris sinking to new levels of stupidity

I don't want Lampard either, that's why I think he might make good!

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    If its Lampard Im backing us to be relegated, there's no way that cockney rebel will get our club, doesn't know the culture and quite frankly is a celebrity nothing more

Mel Morris sinking to new levels of stupidity
    I’m not entirely convinced either, but...
    a) What has him being a cockney got to do with anything?
    b) How many ‘celebrities’ have played over 600 top flight games and won over 100 caps for England?
    c) What is this ‘culture’ he doesn’t understand...consistently being the ‘nearly men’?
    d) Why would his possible appointment be a ‘new level of stupidity’ or any more of a risk than any of the other names suggested?

I’m not entirely convinced either, but...
    a) What has him being a cockney got to do with anything?
    b) How many ‘celebrities’ have played over 600 top flight games and won over 100 caps for England?
    c) What is this ‘culture’ he doesn’t understand...consistently being the ‘nearly men’?
    d) Why would his possible appointment be a ‘new level of stupidity’ or any more of a risk than any of the other names suggested?
    You can add to all of that the fact that he scored unbelievably well on an IQ test at Chelsea a few years back to the point that those doing the tests said he was right at the top in terms of intelligence.

Lampard is no fool, he's bright, a qualified coach and has done more in the game than most in his generation. As a young upcoming player who wouldn't want to learn from someone like him? His playing CV is brilliant and whilst that does not guarantee managerial success based on the above is rather him than Gerrard.

Dean Smith, Neil Harris and Paul Cook are all good managers but if you wanted to attract players I'd bet a few quid that Frank would be more of a magnet than any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    You can add to all of that the fact that he scored unbelievably well on an IQ test at Chelsea a few years back to the point that those doing the tests said he was right at the top in terms of intelligence.

Lampard is no fool, he's bright, a qualified coach and has done more in the game than most in his generation. As a young upcoming player who wouldn't want to learn from someone like him? His playing CV is brilliant and whilst that does not guarantee managerial success based on the above is rather him than Gerrard.

Dean Smith, Neil Harris and Paul Cook are all good managers but if you wanted to attract players I'd bet a few quid that Frank would be more of a magnet than any of them.
    I suspect Neil Harris will be a one club - Millwall - man for his whole career, but the other two would definitely be in my list of contenders.
    Agree 100% with everything else you’ve said, Manx.

Not bothered who it is as long as we get a solid enough defence and play on the front foot. Even defeats would have been good to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Correct answer. It’s only through my family association with the ‘gers that I can understand the ‘second best in the area’ bitterness of the Forest fan, but Rangers fans do it in extremis
    2 nd best bitterness of the Forest fan? I nearly fell of my chair laughing reading that!
    Oh wait! 2 nd best bitterness in relation to whom? Surely not Derby.??
    Maybe if this were 1972 or 1975, perhaps I'd have to concede.
    But I'm scratching my head to figure out why any Forest fan would feel bitter vis-à-vis Derby? For sure we've won nothing of note for over 28 years. But compared to a club that last won 43 years ago??

Trolol. Maybe if a Leicester fan, or say a Brum, they won a League Cup in 2009. Although I doubt the phrase '2nd best bitterness', let alone the actual emotions, would apply. Ok you won. Congrats well done, you deserve it, more likely.

And if next you wanna suggest, it's about the current plight of the 2 teams, and Forest fans are bitter about being 2 nd best to Derby?
    As John Enroe would say or rather scream, 'YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!! (emphasis added, lolz).

What exactly have Derby done in the last decade to for us earn this 'supposed bitterness?'
    Have Derby won a. domestic cup competition? Have Derby been promoted at our expense? Ok nevermind, I'll even let you go all the way back to 1999, when we were last in the Prem. Yes, we've been crap much of the time. The facts are there, no need to elaborate. I'll concede the point readily. But what have Derby done this past 19 years that would make us bitter or maybe envious is a better word? Ah yes, you got promoted to the Prem for 1 season. We were in the 3rd tier. But what exactly did you do there to burnish this envious feelings in us?
    What record or achievement did you accomplish? .Ah yes, a new lowest scoring point record! Oh yes, we're very bitter and envious about that! Lolz.

So thanks for the humour. You do tell some good jokes from time to time.
    Never mind a Leicester, maybe if you did a Stoke, stayed up 10 seasons straight. Or a Wigan. Many a year there with an FA Cup win. Even perhaps a Swansea. They also been there twice. Lasted more than a term with a League Cup win to boot. Maybe all these I can consider. Because I myself say it all the time, I've already enjoyed my club's success at the highest level. All that would make me very contented is to do a Villa, Fulham, Stoke and Southampton. No need to win anything. Just spending year In year out, season after season, in the top flight.

Do come back and tell me, when you've achieved this.

In the meantime.
    Hahahahaha.

#what2ndbestbitterness?
    #delusionalDerbyfan

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)