+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lampard?

Lampard?

Opinions? I have three so far, all ‘decent totty’, surely y’all will have s bit more insight.

Me? He’s an uncertainty we don’t need

Anyone?

I’d rather have his uncle Harry’s dog in charge
    No disrespect to Lampard but we don’t need anyone just starting out on their managerial career
    Warburton for me. Should have gone for him before Rowett

Got to agree, nothing against the bloke but not the right time to be employing an apprentice, we may as well appoint Stimac - at least he's managed, unless Lampard is coming dirt cheap like minimum wage stuff and with a promise of some chelsea loans......for minimum wage too then I can't see the logic, playing with fire here, come mid season when we're flapping around flirting with relegation he's going to get the sack so whats the point

I don't think I'll be paying any attention to next season (Derby wise) if Lampard or Stimac get it, sorry but one is a rookie who'll be coming into a club with all this baggage hanging on us, and the other has been proven to be useless in multiple jobs

Lampard and Redknapp? jesus h christ, mel.

Wassall, Warburton are the only 2 we should really be considering, maybe Smith from Brentford. but Lampard? its obvious Mel has more money than sense.

Lampard as head coach, Redknapp as DOF, really is a sad state of affairs, we've basically become a billy big bol locks club that thinks of itself above all others.

Why can't we just go back to the days of doing things quietly? Dean Smith or Warburton if he wants an outside party, give them the remit of blooding youth and building a system from the bottom up, letting them get on with it like the yanks did with Clough... the reason the fans have gotten hysterical and toxic is because the club is giving them this notion we are too big for this league, we should be premier league,, we ain't no bigger than a Stoke ffs.

I really hate where Morris is trying to take this club, It sounds daft but I miss the days of Nigel Clough, at least we were humble and brought in players on the cheap, didn't get to ahead of ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    I really hate where Morris is trying to take this club, It sounds daft but I miss the days of Nigel Clough, at least we were humble and brought in players on the cheap, didn't get to ahead of ourselves.
    Lampard as manager?
    That would be like Birmingham City appointing Zola.
    Big name footballer who has managed diddly squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nozzy View Post
    Lampard as manager?
    That would be like Birmingham City appointing Zola.
    And Unai Emery is Arsenal's Dr. Josef Venglos appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nozzy View Post
    Lampard as manager?
    That would be like Birmingham City appointin

g Zola.
    Zola as managed Cagliari Watford West Ham but get what you mean

One thing that would be guaranteed with the appointment of Lampard would be a box to box midfielder something horribly missing last season!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)