+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lampard?

Lampard was asked by Lineker last night on BT's Chumps League Final programme and he comfirmed that he is in talks with DCFC for the Manager's position.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Oh by the bye, I hope you're not thinking of Warburton. You'll get loads of excitement. Flashy footy on the
    day sometimes. But you'll never be anywhere close to the playoffs let alone promotion. Eddy is spot on here in his assessment of 'smaller club types of managers.'

PS Andy: I've noticed a lack of posting of my favourite poster. Don't tell me, you've wielded the Sword of Damocles on him?
    Just because Warburton was one of a prossession of managers who have failed at Forest doesn't make him a bad manager He's only been a manager five years He got Brentford promoted to the Championship in his first season and the Championship playoffs in his second He won the the Scottish Championship title and the Scottish cup in his first season at Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post

Problem therefore is, with Rush and Percy not being active at the club any more, who will shoulder that responsibility? If there was a strong incumbent in that post, I would feel comfortable that Lampard could deal with the playing side. If however he also has to take on a lot of the DOF stuff if we are cutting the role out (or its too expensive to fill the post) then his lack of experience will shine through
    One Guess who will be his mentor D.O.F. (and its not Mel I hope)

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Lampard was asked by Lineker last night on BT's Chumps League Final programme and he comfirmed that he is in talks with DCFC for the Manager's position.
    Have heard from (quite) a reliable source that Lampard’s appointment is due to be announced on Tuesday. We’ll see.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I’m not entirely convinced either, but...
    a) What has him being a cockney got to do with anything?
    b) How many ‘celebrities’ have played over 600 top flight games and won over 100 caps for England?
    c) What is this ‘culture’ he doesn’t understand...consistently being the ‘nearly men’?
    d) Why would his possible appointment be a ‘new level of stupidity’ or any more of a risk than any of the other names suggested?
    A couple of obvious points

- great player no guarantee he will be even a half decent manager and more often than not great players dont make good managers
    - no management experience, not much coaching experience so appointing a rookie manager who has not held any sort of club management role is a massive gamble.

As for rangers not protesting against gerard, bet half the dimwits who support Derby will welcome lampard, because he is a "name" rather than any appreciation for his skills and abilities as a coach or manager and would howl in protest if a relative unknown who actually can do the job was appointed, which says it all really - more buy in to PR bull****!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    A couple of obvious points

- great player no guarantee he will be even a half decent manager and more often than not great players dont make good managers
    - no management experience, not much coaching experience so appointing a rookie manager who has not held any sort of club management role is a massive gamble.

As for rangers not protesting against gerard, bet half the dimwits who support Derby will welcome lampard, because he is a "name" rather than any appreciation for his skills and abilities as a coach or manager and would howl in protest if a relative unknown who actually can do the job was appointed, which says it all really - more buy in to PR bull****!
    I think at Derby we are inclined to think this way due to the disappointing stints as manager by numerous ex players that we once worshipped on the pitch.

This is 6 and two 3's in my opinion. Some decent names were mentioned none of which though would attract the players I'm sure Lampard will.

Smith at Brentford plays nice football but don't think he has any promotions to show for it. Paul Cook, another mentioned but as much experience at this level as Lampard.

Football is a fickle game and nowhere is it more evident than in the dug out. Billy Davies did part one of the job and then royally did us over the following season.

Nobody else has gotten us up since so are they all seen as failures?

Maybe I'm one of the disillusioned ones ready to accept more PR cow poo but whatever happens the new DCFC manager gets my backing from the off.

Zidane has made a reasonable start to management?

I'm hoping Lampard will have a decent idea of who is a capable footballer and who isn't and off of the back of that will thin out the dross and dead wood.

It looks like it will be him so the quicker the better then let him get out to Kiev and start scouting some international talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I refer to my music-related announcement - ‘30 days in the hole’

I've sent you a PM. Did you receive?

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    I think at Derby we are inclined to think this way due to the disappointing stints as manager by numerous ex players that we once worshipped on the pitch.

This is 6 and two 3's in my opinion. Some decent names were mentioned none of which though would attract the players I'm sure Lampard will.

Smith at Brentford plays nice football but don't think he has any promotions to show for it. Paul Cook, another mentioned but as much experience at this level as Lampard.

Football is a fickle game and nowhere is it more evident than in the dug out. Billy Davies did part one of the job and then royally did us over the following season.

Maybe I'm one of the disillusioned ones ready to accept more PR cow poo but whatever happens the new DCFC manager gets my backing from the off.

I'm hoping Lampard will have a decent idea of who is a capable footballer and who isn't and off of the back of that will thin out the dross and dead wood.

It looks like it will be him so the quicker the better then let him get out to Kiev and start scouting some international talent.
    Excellent idea that - to Kiev.
    He should sign Loris Karius for your lot!

Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post

Well then being able to coach, work out tactics and actually manage clearly aren't prerequisites for being a manager then.

I dont think any of the previous managers in recent times could be called failures - they either were either sacked or left - not sure it takes a lampard to sort out the dross, it takes a manager to get a team to play like a team.

If as is likely its lampard, I for one wont be at PP next season thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Well then being able to coach, work out tactics and actually manage clearly aren't prerequisites for being a manager then.

I dont think any of the previous managers in recent times could be called failures - they either were either sacked or left - not sure it takes a lampard to sort out the dross, it takes a manager to get a team to play like a team.

If as is likely its lampard, I for one wont be at PP next season thats for sure.
    He's done his coaching badges and courses which is as much as he could have done having only retired in 2017.

Not sure what staying away achieves but each to their own.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)