+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Getting Off The Tube

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Getting Off The Tube

And out on to the area at the top of the steps , there they were the twin towers , the sound of air horns , kids and adults with faces painted , people wearing red and white whigs and the sight of thousands of fans making their way up wembley way flags held high in the early summer breeze

As we came down those steps you feel the atmosphere and the buzz of excitement , lads drinking bottles and cans of beer , the smell of burgers thick in the air as you passed about a dozen stalls .

Ipswich and Barnsley fans mingling together , many chatting and posing for photographs , with each step you got nearer those twin towers and the first ever opportunity to see my team play at the most famous stadium in the world .

I'd visited wembley loads of times but my old man would never go until our club finally made it , today was his day and he was like a dog locked in a butchers shop .

As we went through the turnstiles and out in to the wembley sunshine it really did hit us , the players were already warming up and at least 25k of our allocation of 32k were already in the stadium , red flags everywhere , I'd never seen so many BFC fans at one game , it took a while take the scene in .

One of the proudest moments of my life that day to see my club at wembley and it will stay with me for ever .

Ipswich Town v Barnsley Championship Play Off Final May 31st 2000 .

All the best on sunday millers and enjoy your day , these are special moments following clubs like ours , enjoy it guys .

Good writing, animallittle3. Thanks for putting this up

And out on to the area at the top of the steps , there it is, that big steel arch thingy. the sound of tumbleweed blowing through the streets , kids and adults supping strong lager, plastics wearing red and white whigs and the sight of hundreds of fans scattered around on wembley way, tacky flags held high in the early summer breeze

As we came down those steps you feel a smidgeon of excitement but mostly regret that you just paid 80 quid to get there, lads snorting the old marching powder , the smell of trumps and body odour thick in the air as you pass about a dozen Canklow Millers .

Shrewsbury and Rotherham fans arguing over who the biggest club is when both are a bit tinpot. with each step you get nearer that great overpriced swindle and another opportunity to see my team play at the most overrated stadium in the world .

I've visited wembley loads of times but my old man would never go because he doesn't know how to work the interweb thingy or a phone, today will be no different.

As we finally figure out how to get in through the super modern electronic turnstiles and out in to the wembley sunshine it really hits us , the players were already warming up and at least 4k of our allocation of 15k are already in the stadium , them tacky flags, sponge hands and annoying horns everywhere , I've never seen so many plastic fans at one game , it may take a while take the scene in.

Still, this is my club, my team, my town, and come what may, I am proud to be a Miller.

Ha ha ha. Two very good posts there.

When I saw the thread title I imagined it was going to be a guide for Northerners. e. g. "when the noisy tunnel trainy thing stops the doors will slide open (no need to pull, push or kick) Get off before they shut again. Otherwise you may spend the day travelling round in circles"
    I went on a coach trip to London to watch us play Spurs. We parked at Kings Cross. About half of our party stuck their arms out to stop the tube.