+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Official our lowest Wembley support

Looking at the League 2 Final. Staggering that Coventry have sold more than 35,000 and it is 30 years since they won the FA Cup when they beat Spurs in one of the great finals 3-2. In contrast Exeter have sold 11,000 which is a very respectable number for a club their size but of course outnumbered by more than 3 to 1.

With a sell out 90,000 for the Championship final, the League 1 Final looks set to be the lowest attendance by a long way. Expected attendance around 32-33,000. However, both clubs have just as much right to be there and the scene is set for three fantastic finals.

I couldn’t call any of them to be honest. Whatever happens on Sunday we have had a fantastic season. Someone has to lose. We have tasted both the agony & the ecstasy so, as they say, if you can meet with triumph and disaster and treat them both the same. This is not going to be a disaster for any of the losing teams but it really is a place for winners. I just hope that we end up on the winning side.

The winner takes it all
    The losers standing small
    Beside the victory
    That’s OUR destiny.

Seems like a good chorus for a song that.

Safe travels everyone and ......up the Millers.
    Last edited by Nardendee; 25-05-2018 at 06:39 PM.

Oops 31 years since Cov won the Cup. Where has all the time gone?

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Are we bothered??? are we ****...
    Well said mm, dont give a phuk about them that cant be bothered, my thoughts on sunday will be with all them Millers who's names were on the big screen a few months ago who are no longer with us but im certain every one of them would have been at wembley on sunday, so lets all sing extra loud n proud for them and the boys in RED N WHITE. U.T.F.M.

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    Well said mm, dont give a phuk about them that cant be bothered, my thoughts on sunday will be with all them Millers who's names were on the big screen a few months ago who are no longer with us but im certain every one of them would have been at wembley on sunday, so lets all sing extra loud n proud for them and the boys in RED N WHITE. U.T.F.M.
    Well said mate .

Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Archiemiller View Post
    Quite right too, to be honest i think a load of those who went before were 'fans' of the other south yorkshire clubs, and quite frankly i couldn't give two hoots about them being there, if the vast majority of those who've got tickets this time are genuine millers then that'll do me, whether anyone likes it or not, we've made massive strides as a club since the dark days of don valley so i thnk we should quit the moaning, quit the counting and cheer the lads on big style on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Quite right too, to be honest i think a load of those who went before were 'fans' of the other south yorkshire clubs, and quite frankly i couldn't give two hoots about them being there, if the vast majority of those who've got tickets this time are genuine millers then that'll do me, whether anyone likes it or not, we've made massive strides as a club since the dark days of don valley so i thnk we should quit the moaning, quit the counting and cheer the lads on big style on Sunday.
    A really great friend of mine who I grew up with and.we both followed the club together all over the country and all four divisions never saw us win at Wembley as he lost his battle with cancer in 2014 two years before we managed it .

We talked in our local over a few pints many a time about ticking that box before we both departed this earth , both defeats previously really hurt deeply as any championship playoff final or FA cup semi would .

I was lucky to be there when we finally got over the line in 2016 and my immediate thoughts afterwards were to my mate who sadly never got the opportunity .

This is why I always believe you should savour such days as fans who follow clubs like ours , you may not get the chance again .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 25-05-2018 at 09:14 PM.

The club were reporting the sales up to a few days ago when they realised they were poor, since then they have stopped

Well the cheap seats have all gone.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    A really great friend of mine who I grew up with and.we both followed the club together all over the country and all four divisions never saw us win at Wembley as he lost his battle with cancer in 2014 two years before we managed it .

We talked in our local over a few pints many a time about ticking that box before we both departed this earth , both defeats previously really hurt deeply as any championship playoff final or FA cup semi would .

I was lucky to be there when we finally got over the line in 2016 and my immediate thoughts afterwards were to my mate who sadly never got the opportunity .

This is why I always believe you should savour such days as fans who follow clubs like ours , you may not get the chance again .
    Nice thoughts Animal.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast