+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jacob Davenport

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Yes saxo I have seen the link for Ben Osborn
    Very good signing however competition from a financial powerhouses stoke is never good
    We won't want to use a chunk of our budget on one player but for stoke 4 million+ will be a mere drop in the ocean.
    I imagine Forest would much prefer to keep him or sell to a PL club. Letting a Championship rival have him would be poor business for them.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I imagine Forest would much prefer to keep him or sell to a PL club. Letting a Championship rival have him would be poor business for them.

I hear that the Hibs lad is staying with Hibs now anyway. I guess we will find out over the next few weeks.
    By all accounts we where first in line to secure his signature if he was to leave, maybe he has had a change of heart? Who knows.

As in our budget for next year. Its pretty clear the talks where a great success and we have a list of players who we want. I do believe we have a bigger budget that many expected, however we won't be stupid enough to announce it as the value of players will suddenly go up.

I don't know why I still get interested in all the rumours!! Season after season, the same thing happens...and I bite!
    The number of players I've looked up on Transfermarkt - only to find they come nowhere near Ewood - is ridiculous.
    The McGeouch case is even worse than usual, as EVERY source was saying he was on his way.

He more than likely was on his way but had a change of heart
    His emotions last game of the season told you he didn't want to leave.
    We move on.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    He more than likely was on his way but had a change of heart
    His emotions last game of the season told you he didn't want to leave.
    We move on.
    Pity, though. He looked just the right sort of player.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Pity, though. He looked just the right sort of player.

I wouldn't rule this out just yet. He played for Scotland yesterday and had a very good game (despite them being crap) maybe Charlie can have an influence on him here? Who knows.
    TM is now on holiday with his family for 2 weeks. But I don't think a manager's phone is ever turned off. If a deal can be done, then I'm sure it will go through.
    But I think the vast majority of signings will start to come in around the start of July. We will be puttingour feelers out as we speak.
    Like you say Auks, take 99% of the links with a pinch of salt, like most transfer windows.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    I wouldn't rule this out just yet. He played for Scotland yesterday and had a very good game (despite them being crap) maybe Charlie can have an influence on him here? Who knows.
    TM is now on holiday with his family for 2 weeks. But I don't think a manager's phone is ever turned off. If a deal can be done, then I'm sure it will go through.
    But I think the vast majority of signings will start to come in around the start of July. We will be puttingour feelers out as we speak.
    Like you say Auks, take 99% of the links with a pinch of salt, like most transfer windows.
    I wonder where the rumours get generated. I suspect a lot of them come from agents, trying to stir up interest. Sometimes, though, I reckon journalists just make them up, simply because they have to fill up the available space with something.
    I remember my dad telling me that before the war, a BBC newsreader would sometimes - at the scheduled start of a radio bulletin - announce, "There is no news today."
    Those were the days!

According to both waggott and Mowbray they would like the chunk of the deals done before the Austria trip
    So that suggests june will be a very busy month transfer wise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)