+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T:- Proof that Labour doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    He's excellent isn't he, Mr Lee.
    Yes.

Speaking as someone who comes from a right-wing political perspective (most of the time) I suppose I should dislike him with a passion, as many Daily Mail-types certainly do, but personally I don't have any problem with comedians coming from the opposite political perspective as long as I find their humour original, intelligent and funny, which in Stewart Lee's case I do.

Stewart Lee's whole act is a massive exaggeration of his own liberal views and persona, designed to provoke a reaction and further develop the character. He's very good at it. Many professional wrestlers use the same technique to great effect!
    Last edited by jackal2; 25-05-2018 at 07:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Stewart Lee's whole act is a massive exaggeration of his own liberal views and persona, designed to provoke a reaction and further develop the character.
    In which case he has a lot in common with me.

I'm a real disappointment to those who have met me in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    In which case he has a lot in common with me.

I'm a real disappointment to those who have met me in real life.
    I suspect I'm the same. Online personas are much easier to maintain!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Yes.

Speaking as someone who comes from a right-wing political perspective (most of the time) I suppose I should dislike him with a passion, as many Daily Mail-types certainly do, but personally I don't have any problem with comedians coming from the opposite political perspective as long as I find their humour original, intelligent and funny, which in Stewart Lee's case I do.
    Well put, me too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12