+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I'm stilll extremely miffed

Quote Originally Posted by Coventry_fan View Post
    I agree mate, premiership referees should be placed in charge of play off games and full VAR should be used too imho
    You would be shopping at that retail park next to the Ricoh arena if either were.

Yes of course I would cause you’re the new mystic meg and you know what would have happened don’t ya?!!? Stop taking sh1t mate, no one knows. It wasn’t 1-0 it was 5-2 on aggregate so even three goals taken offf means it’s all square. Who knows, we could have won on pens anyway.
    Navypie, more like mysticpie!

You forget you should have had a player sent off.....

But then you forget anything that could harm your argument cos it suits you too.

But then you forget anything that could harm your argument cos it suits you too.
    Selective memory or what? Whether we should have had a player sent off, or whether McNulty should have gone with him is open to debate. What's not open to debate is that you should have had a player sent off at a much earlier stage in the game in the first leg. It's not open to debate because he was given a 3 match ban when the offence was seen on TV.

And it’s the first time in the history of football that officials have missed a big decision or something off the ball isn’t it!?!
    Imho McNulty raised his hands first and probably should go too. But that’s footy and things go for you some weeks and go against you others.

Yes of course I would cause you’re the new mystic meg and you know what would have happened don’t ya?!!? Stop taking sh1t mate, no one knows. It wasn’t 1-0 it was 5-2 on aggregate so even three goals taken offf means it’s all square. Who knows, we could have won on pens anyway.
    Navypie, more like mysticpie!

You got every decision because the EFL wanted the tills to ring louder , simple .

And it’s the first time in the history of football that officials have missed a big decision or something off the ball isn’t it!?!
    Imho McNulty raised his hands first and probably should go too. But that’s footy and things go for you some weeks and go against you others.
    It most probably is the first time in the history of football that in a playoff semi final the following happened.

Officials missed an incident that resulted in a 3 game ban and should have resulted in a sending off for Cov
    Officials gave a penalty to you that wasn't 2 minutes from time that resulted in an equaliser
    Officials ruled out an equalising goal for Notts as offside that was perfectly legit
    Officials gave a goal to you that was clearly offside

All of the above is fact. You boys were very very lucky. I do think that over time these things even themselves out but you are not at Wembley on the back of your footballing ability you are at Wembley on the back of poor decision making by football officials. Well done!

Aaah, so when you said "You forget you should have had a player sent off.....", you really meant "You forget you should have had a player sent off.....but I forget two of our players should also have been sent off".

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post

Officials missed an incident that resulted in a 3 game ban and should have resulted in a sending off for Cov
    Officials gave a penalty to you that wasn't 2 minutes from time that resulted in an equaliser
    Officials ruled out an equalising goal for Notts as offside that was perfectly legit
    Officials gave a goal to you that was clearly offside
    Spot on. I wouldn't mind Coventry fans coming on here so much if they had the decency to admit any of the above, but they simply keep their blinkers on. As I've said before, the first half at the Lane would most likely have been very different if we'd started with the goal advantage that we lost to an inexplicably bad refereeing decision. Today's Championship playoff final was similarly blighted by a pivotal decision. A blatant straight red, right in front of the fourth official. I would not be surprised if that were picked up for retrospective action in the coming week, but that won't help Villa now.

Yeh 5-2 is lucky isn’t it! You’re right. I’m going to cry all the way to the final at Wembley with guilt that we scored 5 and played well.
    That we got the rub of the green but still were worthy winners despite the decisions. We really were awful in the first 45 minutes at your own ground and didn’t play good fast, flowing football ON THE FLOOR!

I’d bet you a grand now that somewhere this season you have had goals that were offside, players not sent off who should have been and goals against ruled out that were onside, but then we don’t mention that do we......no of course not.

I’m pissed off now, I like this board and most of your fans and now I’m coming across as gloating and that’s never been my intention. We have had nothing but bad luck for years, it’s about time we had something go for us.
    I wish it had been without incident and that game was pure but that’s footy so come on, let’s all grow up and accept it’s all in the game.

Yeh 5-2 is lucky isn’t it!
    It's lucky when two of your goals shouldn't have been allowed and one of ours was wrongly disallowed. That would have made it 3-3.
    Of course we have had similar things go in our favour over the season, but when the officials give your team a three goal handicap to overcome in a two leg tie can't you understand why we're not falling over ourselves to tell you how wonderful Coventry are? You are going to Wembley and we're not, we realise that. Telling us to grow up is incredibly patronising and does come across as gloating.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast