+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Norman Hassall

Norman Hassall

I appreciate it's a sensitive subject, but is their any news on any upcoming court proceedings or do these things take much longer to materialise?

While talking about our glorious shareholder ; it's a shame he does not read tele text as Shrewsbury are expecting around 7million off the football league and t v if they reach the championship. So he were to invest in our club our income would rise accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by CHRISRILEY36 View Post
    I appreciate it's a sensitive subject, but is their any news on any upcoming court proceedings or do these things take much longer to materialise?
    By and large (and without knowing the precise charges - allegedly!) financial mismanagement and fraud cases take a lot longer to come to court as gathering and processing the required amount of information takes the police and CPS a lot longer.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    By and large (and without knowing the precise charges - allegedly!) financial mismanagement and fraud cases take a lot longer to come to court as gathering and processing the required amount of information takes the police and CPS a lot longer.
    As far as I was aware this is action being taken by the club and is civil litigation, so the Police and CPS are not involved, unless you know something I don't. The Police and CPS only get involved in criminal activity and although it would be good to see Norman locked up, its not going to come to that as its a civil case.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobstopper View Post
    As far as I was aware this is action being taken by the club and is civil litigation, so the Police and CPS are not involved, unless you know something I don't. The Police and CPS only get involved in criminal activity and although it would be good to see Norman locked up, its not going to come to that as its a civil case.
    My understanding too, the Club is suing one of its own directors ....

I am getting the impression that there is a bigger budget this year from comments mad by DA. Do you think this is due to NH resigning as a director?

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    I am getting the impression that there is a bigger budget this year from comments mad by DA. Do you think this is due to NH resigning as a director?
    The budget is no different, NH resigning from the board made naff all difference as he still holds his shares and still owes money.

There are several hearings over the course of the year at the Manchester Business Court where both sides are asked to provide evidence. I suspect Hassall will try and settle out of court before then, though.