+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FAO Paul Davis

Sad news indeed.

He totally "got" the Millers and the Rotherham faithful.

Having Paul writing about the Millers for the Star was like having one of our own in the enemy (dee dah) camp

Very much like when the wonderful Brian Chappell (of "Alan Lee, Alan Lee, Allan Lee" fame) was the Millers reporter on Radio Dee Dah.

Keep in touch Paul.

Thank you, Paul, for some really excellent match write ups and background pieces on players and staff. This stuff is so welcome to the overseas Millers since it brings a third dimension to our ability to support the club we love.

It sounds like you're moving to bigger and better things and best of luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    It just looks like complete disrespect towards Paul and his efforts. IMO he has brought a new style of openess and availability to practically anyone at the club.

To not let him finish the job at a peak or at least introduce us to his successor must be one of the worstest thing his employer could do!
    Sheffield Star! Paul has been with us, the team, the management and your company on this road this season and it finishes before he gets to write about another final! He is a link between Rotheham United and us fans and you've dropped him without him being able to sign off!

Shame on You Sheffield Star! No one in their right mind drops the captain of a team for the final! Unbelievable!

Paul you should be proud! The TS interviews, the Stubbs interview, many great Warne interviews, the Frecklington interview and the one that stands out for me was when you wrote about your troubles you had and how you spoke about loving your kids.
    In fairness to the paper, Frog, Paul isn't actually saying that they are stopping him from covering it. That may perhaps be the case but his actual words are "However, I now can't make Wembley". There could be other reasons...

It’s personal reasons why Paul can’t go to Wembley

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    In fairness to the paper, Frog, Paul isn't actually saying that they are stopping him from covering it. That may perhaps be the case but his actual words are "However, I now can't make Wembley". There could be other reasons...
    You're right ans Millertop has confirmed that. I think he'll be missed as a reporter for The Millers.

He'll probably be on the excuses thread now.

I noticed that the last few articles have been written by Danny Hall and Chris Holt and wondered what had happened to Paul. I’ve really enjoyed Paul’s articles and last season must have been so hard trying to remain positive with all the poor performances to write about. Anyway moving on I hope that if it’s to be one of these two in the future Danny would be my choice as his articles are a little more rounded and padded out. Chris sses factual and to the point. I know it’s personal preference but if I’m reading an article I want something to read not just a couple of sentences.
    Right time for the 3 S’s then get going to Wembley! UTM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12