+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone explain this ?

Quote Originally Posted by iamITK View Post
    Chairman sets the budget. If Collins wages are over the wage cap or something, then its a simple decision.
    So we are looking to pay a transfer fee for two regular goal scoring strikers but our wage cap maybe 3k a week,
    Going to need some Luck with that one !

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Out of interest, where was this figure quoted and who by?
    I've seen it a couple of time around the place, mainly on Twitter so probably a load of codswallop but if the figure is correct or ballpark then it would make sense

I've seen another angle on this that Collin wanted to leave and therefore the "decision taken out of their hands" would be Collin taking it away. Heard rumours he has been linked to Mansfield but I can't imagine their fans happy with that one

if you are using money for a striker, you have to take it from somewhere. Maybe they thought they could get an equally good keeper for less, and use the difference for a better striker?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I've seen another angle on this that Collin wanted to leave and therefore the "decision taken out of their hands" would be Collin taking it away. Heard rumours he has been linked to Mansfield but I can't imagine their fans happy with that one
    I would be happy to swop ! Think the stags keeper has looked quite decent when Notts have played against them but then again we’ve not tested him much !

if you are using money for a striker, you have to take it from somewhere. Maybe they thought they could get an equally good keeper for less, and use the difference for a better striker?
    Ross Fitzsimons did a more than capable job when he came in for Adam Collin. In fact, I wouldn't have put Collin straight back in the team, but for Ross' moment of indiscipline to get himself suspended. I'm sure he will have learned from that.

I would think it makes perfect sense to give the No1 shirt to a capable young goalkeeper who is only going to improve with more experience, and free wages up to strengthen a key part of the team that came up short this season i.e. the forward line.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Ross Fitzsimons did a more than capable job when he came in for Adam Collin. In fact, I wouldn't have put Collin straight back in the team, but for Ross' moment of indiscipline to get himself suspended. I'm sure he will have learned from that.

I would think it makes perfect sense to give the No1 shirt to a capable young goalkeeper who is only going to improve with more experience, and free wages up to strengthen a key part of the team that came up short this season i.e. the forward line.
    Exactly, same spend, just a better way of allocating it.

Maybe it was simply pointed out by the board that Fitz and Bran, plus a trainee, would most likely be perfectly adequate for this level and that releasing AC would leave more in the pot for the outfield acquisitions.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Maybe it was simply pointed out by the board that Fitz and Bran, plus a trainee, would most likely be perfectly adequate for this level and that releasing AC would leave more in the pot for the outfield acquisitions.
    Talking of outfield acquisitions:

Name:  Capture10.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  22.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Talking of outfield acquisitions:

Name:  Capture10.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  22.2 KB
    Hope it's not 3 more goalkeepers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast