+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: How low would you go?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    As if I give a sh1t.

Apparently some fans would take anyone (*****, greedy b4st4rd, rapist, misogynist, whatever), as long as they were a world class player. Doesn't sit easily.
    Poor Mr WTF has lost his marbles again

But .... HE DOESNT GIVE A ****!

A delightful fella

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybn View Post
    Poor Mr WTF has lost his marbles again

But .... HE DOESNT GIVE A ****!

A delightful fella
    You really are a dumb son-of-a-b1tch.

Just to be clear, for your benefit only, I don't care whether fellow posters think the threads I start (or contribute to) are good bad or indifferent,whether they like them or not, etc etc, if I have an opinion (and I usually do) I'll express it, end of (unlike you, whos only apparent role in Footymad is to make supposedly "humorous" ripostes to my posts).

At least some of the other respondents were prepared to volunteer an opinion, I suspect thats just a tad too much to expect of those last few brain cells bouncing around in that vast empty space between your ears.

Lol. You were pissed (obviously) when you started thread and now you're dying with a hangover! 😂🤣 wee joke ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post
    Lol. You were pissed (obviously) when you started thread and now you're dying with a hangover! ���� wee joke ffs.
    Err, why would you suggest I was pi55ed? Hazard is on TV, promoting those little brown biscuits that the coffee shops insist on putting on your saucer when you get a coffee, despite the fact that he rakes in more in a week than all of the Leeds 1st team squad put together. I was asking a genuine (if hypothetical) question about whether Leeds fans would want such a player in the Leeds squad.

(And I don't get hangovers).

As for "wee jokes", Mavo is incapable of those, at least where it concerns responding to a post of mine, when any scintilla of a sense of humour is totally lacking.

WTF11 You state 'greedy bas*****' ........ Of today's game.

Players of 1970s had contracts/endorsements for boots - think several Leeds players had one with Leeds based company Stylo Matchmakers boots who also had Georgie Best playing in a pair of swish side laced two colour tone jobs ........

Today is no different but what is staggering is the money sports companies shell out to young apprentice pro's of today and how it's payed to 'em - no actual 'fixed sums' of money involved (which is standard for any player of that young age) but clever incentives deals ...................

The above leaked contract of a young non UK young pro shows what goes on ...............

Football boots will be "donated" by the company, which means that the players will be sent boots to play with presumably at their choice from the available range. So basically football boots will just arrive for you to wear. Every young lad's dream delivered on a plate.

For clothes such as trendy tracksuit bottoms and hoodies, there is a yearly allowance of up to €5000/£4360 worth of goods. These goods can be ordered and must be collected from a local outlet. As you can see above contract picture this will go up for each level of the national team they reach (up to €8000 at U21s) where you can be sure a new contract will need to be arranged as the player will be well known by then.

Imagine being told you can have up to €5000 of Adidas gear delivered for free each year at 16.

Finally, the contract contains stipulations based on performance in tournaments with the national setup between U19 and U21 level. As these tournaments are frequently scouted for talent, if you are a member of a winning team you will receive a bonus of €5000 for wearing the company's products while doing so. You'll bag another €5000 if you are the tournament top scorer, or player of the tournament, or both, meaning you could be taking home a €15,000 bonus if you absolutely smash it.

That's what calibre of endorsements are available for kids so you cannot blame 'em for milking the scenarios as they proceed up the career ladder in fairness.

Even I use my Cycling club membership for discount & freebies for the veterans events I enter ....................

Was recently reading that if Villa had gone up McContract would have received a £million pound bonus even though he didn't play one game for 'em last season and is contracted to 2020 with a hefty image rights deal & boot endorsement deal .............

MOT

What was this thread about again?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post

WTF11 You state 'greedy bas*****' ........ Of today's game.

Players of 1970s had contracts/endorsements for boots - think several Leeds players had one with Leeds based company Stylo Matchmakers boots who also had Georgie Best playing in a pair of swish side laced two colour tone jobs ........

Today is no different but what is staggering is the money sports companies shell out to young apprentice pro's of today and how it's payed to 'em - no actual 'fixed sums' of money involved (which is standard for any player of that young age) but clever incentives deals ...................

The above leaked contract of a young non UK young pro shows what goes on ...............

Football boots will be "donated" by the company, which means that the players will be sent boots to play with presumably at their choice from the available range. So basically football boots will just arrive for you to wear. Every young lad's dream delivered on a plate.

For clothes such as trendy tracksuit bottoms and hoodies, there is a yearly allowance of up to €5000/£4360 worth of goods. These goods can be ordered and must be collected from a local outlet. As you can see above contract picture this will go up for each level of the national team they reach (up to €8000 at U21s) where you can be sure a new contract will need to be arranged as the player will be well known by then.

Imagine being told you can have up to €5000 of Adidas gear delivered for free each year at 16.

Finally, the contract contains stipulations based on performance in tournaments with the national setup between U19 and U21 level. As these tournaments are frequently scouted for talent, if you are a member of a winning team you will receive a bonus of €5000 for wearing the company's products while doing so. You'll bag another €5000 if you are the tournament top scorer, or player of the tournament, or both, meaning you could be taking home a €15,000 bonus if you absolutely smash it.

That's what calibre of endorsements are available for kids so you cannot blame 'em for milking the scenarios as they proceed up the career ladder in fairness.

Even I use my Cycling club membership for discount & freebies for the veterans events I enter ....................

Was recently reading that if Villa had gone up McContract would have received a £million pound bonus even though he didn't play one game for 'em last season and is contracted to 2020 with a hefty image rights deal & boot endorsement deal .............

MOT
    What a lot of effort to completely miss the point!

I wasn't criticising any young player for taking what they can get from football-related endorsement/sponsorship and if be the first to admit that such revenues aren't exactly new ( if your frame of reference goes back to the bad old days when players were paid next to f00k all).

I asked, and reiterated that question more explicitly, whether a player on £250k/week (supposedly), plus all the footbal-related goodies he will get, who decided it's worth "stretching the brand" to advertise something totally unrelated to football, was the kind of player the fans would want at Leeds.

I remember Joe Hart coming in for a LOT of stick for endorsing Head & Shoulders, which at least kept his locks in lovely shiny condition. Now it seems a player at about the same standard can advertise and endorse just about anything and it's not seen as even remotely to be criticised.

I thought it was about limbo dancing

Or Monica Lewinsky

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    I thought it was about limbo dancing

........ must admit for a mo thought I was on my cycling forum with the 'how low would you go' header.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)